Mark's Best Available Defensive Coordinators list

Will be interesting say the Packers go 10-6 or 11-5 next year win the divison but are knocked out in the WC round and the defense was just as bad as it ever was. Does Barry get a 2nd year with the team saying well we don't have the personal to run his system as we need to get the guys to makeit work or does ML say well this was a 1 year stop gap until I could find a guy I really want.

Will be interesting say the Packers go 10-6 or 11-5 next year win the divison but are knocked out in the WC round and the defense was just as bad as it ever was. Does Barry get a 2nd year with the team saying well we don't have the personal to run his system as we need to get the guys to makeit work or does ML say well this was a 1 year stop gap until I could find a guy I really want.
Honestly while the scheme was not good or some decisions by the DC, the defense played respectable 4 of last 6 games gave up less than 20. That’s not an endorsement for keeping the same system more of a reality. There are large holes on this defense, especially to play the new scheme now it’s on Gute also

Honestly while the scheme was not good or some decisions by the DC, the defense played respectable 4 of last 6 games gave up less than 20. That’s not an endorsement for keeping the same system more of a reality. There are large holes on this defense, especially to play the new scheme now it’s on Gute also
Gute can only do so much too. He has little to no wiggle room with the cap to go out in FA and pick up guys. Also he has holes on offense to fill so he can't just go a defensive heavy draft.

Gute can only do so much too. He has little to no wiggle room with the cap to go out in FA and pick up guys. Also he has holes on offense to fill so he can't just go a defensive heavy draft.
The holes on defense dwarf the issues on offense. Tampa 2 is predicted on 4 DL getting pressure, LB with speed especially MLB and guys who can tackle. Who fits? Maybe Alexander, maybe Savage. Clark and Gary but past that it’s questionable

The holes on defense dwarf the issues on offense. Tampa 2 is predicted on 4 DL getting pressure, LB with speed especially MLB and guys who can tackle. Who fits? Maybe Alexander, maybe Savage. Clark and Gary but past that it’s questionable
He's going to run the rams 3-4 front which is more 3-3-5 as I understand it....ML wants that look.

in his defense pun not intended.... the two guys he probably really wanted were hired before he could get involved. A Very poor meh group left.... this is why teams that go deep rarely make major coaching changes.
I'm surprised that he didn't interview a coach on one of the SB teams.

The article in the paper this morning was not very uplifting about Barry. I just don't get it.

Let's hope Barry's past experiences will help him adapt his defense to what he has. Not necessarily a strict Tampa 2 buy maybe a hybrid of some sort.

He's going to run the rams 3-4 front which is more 3-3-5 as I understand it....ML wants that look.
So guessing right now will look like ?-Clark-? Smith-Barnes-Gary Alexander-?-?-Amos-Savage

i wonder if this choice was completely up to ml, or how much of it was gute and murphy getting their fingers in the process. it seems odd that ml would choose some old guy who is a proven loser.

i wonder if this choice was completely up to ml, or how much of it was gute and murphy getting their fingers in the process. it seems odd that ml would choose some old guy who is a proven loser.
Not sure why the Murph or Gute would want that either

Back