Joe Rudolph to Virginia Tech

On radio today they talked about needing a passing OC.

True but you could go twins left... Y right with an off set I or any number of pro set/ I sets and still have a dynamic pass attack.
Yes, I don't need or want spread or air raid. Just something that compliments the run game and can make defenses hurt for jamming the box. Something that will free up both the passing and running attack.

It's out there. We need to find it and implement it.

True but you could go twins left... Y right with an off set I or any number of pro set/ I sets and still have a dynamic pass attack.
That works. And i do think the WR next year will be much better with some live reps

That works. And i do think the WR next year will be much better with some live reps
It could be a respectable group. Nobody all that big until they signed Tommy McIntosh. 6-5 about 220#? He can be a load. We've been using toothpicks for those physical confrontations. Give him a year to mature, and rely on Dike for most of the work next year. Anyhow, that's my guess.

Losing Hinzman to OSU? I can get it. I don't think he wanted to compete with the 3 big OTs the Badgers already had inked. I think it intimidated him, regardless of what anyone says.

It could be a respectable group. Nobody all that big until they signed Tommy McIntosh. 6-5 about 220#? He can be a load. We've been using toothpicks for those physical confrontations. Give him a year to mature, and rely on Dike for most of the work next year. Anyhow, that's my guess.

Losing Hinzman to OSU? I can get it. I don't think he wanted to compete with the 3 big OTs the Badgers already had inked. I think it intimidated him, regardless of what anyone says.
Allen & Bell are more talented than Pryor or Davis. Especially Allen can be really good

You're right. It is gone, from what I see. Maybe in 1994? But the enigma of age still continues. They treated the coaches the same as their academics in that area if I recall correctly.

Lol, I had a professor there in 2011 who if he was under 80 I would have been shocked. I had several other "emeritus" professors also, so I don't think there's an age limit any longer, if there was.
Just a thought, but maybe it's time to go with younger guys and go after a guy with good ideas who hasn't been given a shot before bringing in a 67 year old?

Even if it's only for looks.

I could be wrong and frequently am, but I doubt a 67 year old is going to help recruiting.
Even if he's not the recruiter, bringing in the 67 year old might be seen as going further back into the stone ages than we are already perceived to be.

I'm not saying I believe this, but, just saying - look at the kids these days.

Somebody we think is great, they may not listen too because he's old

Listening to Husker radio these days, they are super pumped about getting the 64 year old Mark Whipple in house as the OC.

A 67 year old who can point to a few current, starting NFL QBs and say "I got those guys to the Show" might go pretty far. Personality plays a big role, and I never did think an old coach wasn't worth listening to just because he's old.

Back