Joe Rudolph to Virginia Tech

I think Bostad to OL/Run game coordinator, The ST guy can help coach ILB, ADD a QB/ Pass game coordinator. Our QB need extra help more than we need to take away PC play calling. Just my opinion.
Bostad is a good choice. If it shakes out as a promotion for him, that helps matters. The question would be who would be available that could coordinate the passing game and develop our QBs? Will they pay the money it takes to get someone like that? I'd also hope it would be someone with a knack for recruiting.

Bostad is a good choice. If it shakes out as a promotion for him, that helps matters. The question would be who would be available that could coordinate the passing game and develop our QBs? Will they pay the money it takes to get someone like that? I'd also hope it would be someone with a knack for recruiting.
Well since you asked might I suggest Randy Hedberg>>

Longtime college head coach, North Dakota native and former NFL quarterback Randy Hedberg has been North Dakota State University’s quarterbacks coach since 2014. He was elevated to associate head coach and passing game coordinator in 2019.

Hedberg has been part of Bison teams that have produced six of the top seven seasons of total offense in NDSU history including a school-record 7,076 yards in 2018 and 7,512 yards in 2019. The Bison have also set their top two marks for total touchdowns and points the past two seasons in winning their ninth straight Missouri Valley Football Conference championship and eighth NCAA national title in nine years.

With the last two Bison starting quarterbacks both in the NFL, Hedberg and the Bison turned to redshirt freshman Trey Lance in 2019. Lance went on to win the STATS FCS Walter Payton Award and Jerry Rice Award as the top offensive player and top freshman player in the Football Championship Subdivision. He accounted for 42 total touchdowns, led the nation in passing efficiency (180.6), and set an NCAA all-divisions record for most passing attempts in a season without an interception (287).

Hedberg previously groomed FCS all-time winningest quarterback Easton Stick, who led the Bison to the national championship game with eight wins as a freshman in 2015 and finished 49-3 in his career with two national title victories as the starter. Stick set NDSU career records for passing yards (8,693), passing touchdowns (88), total offense (11,216) and total touchdowns (129) before being drafted by the Los Angeles Chargers.

Hedberg tutored eventual No. 2 overall NFL draft pick Carson Wentz to a record-setting season as a first-year starter in 2014. The Bison junior passed for a school-record 3,111 yards while also setting school marks for passing attempts and completions. Wentz was 20-3 as the Bison starter and led NDSU to victories in the 2014 and 2015 national championship games before starring with the Philadelphia Eagles.

No stranger to the Bison program, Hedberg was the head coach for nine seasons at North Central Conference rival St. Cloud State and came to NDSU after six seasons as the quarterbacks coach and co-offensive coordinator at Southern Illinois.

He was the head coach at St. Cloud State from 1999-07 and at Minot State for eight seasons from 1982-89 compiling a 92-75-2 mark overall. Hedberg was the offensive coordinator at Central Missouri (1990-95) and North Dakota (1996-98) in between head coaching jobs.

An eighth-round draft pick of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in 1977, Hedberg started four regular-season games including his first game as a rookie in 1977. He appeared in seven games with the Bucs that year before spending time with the Oakland Raiders in 1979 and the Green Bay Packers in 1980.

They added DB coach last year so best guess is 1 add to staff with Rudolph gone

They added DB coach last year so best guess is 1 add to staff with Rudolph gone
That's why you have April run LB period and then move Bostad to OL, you filled OL but still have the open QB/ Pass game coordinator position which in reality is Joe's old post. If you can give better coaching to the QB and juice that pass game just a tad with some outside ideas.....

That's why you have April run LB period and then move Bostad to OL, you filled OL but still have the open QB/ Pass game coordinator position which in reality is Joe's old post. If you can give better coaching to the QB and juice that pass game just a tad with some outside ideas.....
I actually think Bell, Dike and Allen will be better than what’s been at WR. That said I agree with adding on the other side of the ball as you suggested.

Back