James Franklin Penn State

I agree PC is lifer at UW Leonhard I think next 2 years though tops he's at UW.
McIntosh is going to have to make a tough call. Name Jimmy coach in waiting (PC is 56) very similar to what Barry did or let it play out. Money will factor in and new chancellor puts another kink in the mix

McIntosh is going to have to make a tough call. Name Jimmy coach in waiting (PC is 56) very similar to what Barry did or let it play out. Money will factor in and new chancellor puts another kink in the mix
PC though he could go many more years when does PC want to retire?

Barry was what age when he left coaching. AD job a bit more cushy
Barry was 59 lot younger then I thought. But for PC AD job is not a choice for him to move into and would he even want that.

Barry was 59 lot younger then I thought. But for PC AD job is not a choice for him to move into and would he even want that.
I’m just saying it’s something McIntosh needs to consider.

Oh yeah to keep him long term you would have to have him become HC in the next few years.
And to be perfectly candid I hope UW does not elevate Jimmy to HC. But it it’s a risk / reward thing also. With a new chancellor coming in will the administration be willing to pay a new HC. And let’s be honest, while the UW job is good it’s probably no better than 5th in the conference. I for one would welcome new blood. But I also understand that resources will limit who would even be under consideration. It would most likely be some G5 type HC of P5 coordinator. And if that guy fails you have another Anderson situation and a 3-4 cycle to win (see Purdue or Nebraska).

And to be perfectly candid I hope UW does not elevate Jimmy to HC. But it it’s a risk / reward thing also. With a new chancellor coming in will the administration be willing to pay a new HC. And let’s be honest, while the UW job is good it’s probably no better than 5th in the conference. I for one would welcome new blood. But I also understand that resources will limit who would even be under consideration. It would most likely be some G5 type HC of P5 coordinator. And if that guy fails you have another Anderson situation and a 3-4 cycle to win (see Purdue or Nebraska).
I think Jimmy would be good as a HC as long as he would find someone decent to run the offense as OC.

Back