It's not Eliot Wolf we need to keep.......

Once again I want to hire outside the team. Don't want to keep hiring inside the team so we have a new GM who thinks the same way Ted thought. Look at Ron Wolf. Packers hired him he had no connection to the team so had no Packers way of thinking. He hired HC with no ties to team so no Packers way of thinking. Think we need to do that again for the next GM and HC.

This...

Also reading TT may stick around in some lesser capacity after he steps down... bad bad idea.

This...

Also reading TT may stick around in some lesser capacity after he steps down... bad bad idea.

It might not be a bad idea if he can hit the road and do what he loves - scouting.

If Ted is stepping into advisor role shows that he would be stepping down so they can promote someone from within not a fan of that.

It might not be a bad idea if he can hit the road and do what he loves - scouting.

Organizational and business management. Having the old boss around leads to the new boss always looking over his shoulder and other potential issues.

This is why organizations need to make a clean break when senior management leaves those positions.

If TT wants to hit the road more power to him, just needs to be with another organization.

Also TT stepping down and they promote from within does MM get more power though in putting roster together.

Also TT stepping down and they promote from within does MM get more power though in putting roster together.
That might not be a bad thing. I can see McCarthy's frustration with only using one avenue to fill holes in the roster. I just hope the Packers are smart enough to hire the right candidate. They let McKenzie, Schneider, and Dorsey get away, after all.

Hopefully, whoever they choose will have learned from ALL those guys. I never thought of Highsmith. I have always liked him, as a player and a scout. Interesting. Thanks for posting the article!

If anyone thinks a new GM will do a 180 and do get into free agency they will be disappointed. You still have little cap flexibility with Rodgers and Matthews still on the books and a few others. On top of that it's a a very conservative organization and big signing bonus snd/or big guarantees are not going to happen.

If anyone thinks a new GM will do a 180 and do get into free agency they will be disappointed. You still have little cap flexibility with Rodgers and Matthews still on the books and a few others. On top of that it's a a very conservative organization and big signing bonus snd/or big guarantees are not going to happen.

Don't need to sign the very top FA's but can sign mid level FA that can improve team instead of being TT stubborn and relying on UDFA to add depth to team.

Now see, this I don't understand. The Seahawks have signed plenty of their big stars and still go after FA's. But Green Bay can't? Why wouldn't Rodgers or Matthews rework their deals to help free up cap space? Is there any evidence they've refused to, or even been asked? How much will be gained when Peppers comes off the books? The Packers once signed Reggie White, Sean Jones and traded for a great and expensive TE in Keith Jackson to put them over the top. So I don't buy into the Packers being conservative. I think TED is conservative.

Granted, as to my Seattle argument, Seattle has a HORRIBLE OL. But I think Cable may be partly responsible for that. I think he thinks he's so good, he can make greatness out of nothing. He does do a great job, but c'mon! Seattle is trying to polish a turd at OL and they're going to get Wilson killed.

Now see, this I don't understand. The Seahawks have signed plenty of their big stars and still go after FA's. But Green Bay can't? Why wouldn't Rodgers or Matthews rework their deals to help free up cap space? Is there any evidence they've refused to, or even been asked? How much will be gained when Peppers comes off the books? The Packers once signed Reggie White, Sean Jones and traded for a great and expensive TE in Keith Jackson to put them over the top. So I don't buy into the Packers being conservative. I think TED is conservative.

Granted, as to my Seattle argument, Seattle has a HORRIBLE OL. But I think Cable may be partly responsible for that. I think he thinks he's so good, he can make greatness out of nothing. He does do a great job, but c'mon! Seattle is trying to polish a turd at OL and they're going to get Wilson killed.
It's philosophy and cash out. GB has never restructured and moved money forward. And in honesty I don't extended Matthews anyway. It's a pay now or pay later. And look at contracts. We typically go about 30% of value guaranteed. Example Bears went 50% on traverhon

Back