Is this McCarthy's Last Year?

Nice work TW. It's hard to look at those numbers and not come to the same conclusion as you. The layers keep getting peeled back more and more as we continue to discuss all these subjects.

Speeds of our WRs

It's broken down to the 10, 20, & 40 yard speeds

Trevor Davis ---------1.51, 2.57, 4.42
Randall Cobb ---------1.56, 2.53, 4.46
Jordy Nelson ----------1.57, 2.64, 4.51
Jared Abbrederis -----1.60, 2.59, 4.50
Jeff Janis --------------1.55, 2.60, 4.42
Davante Adams -------1.64, 2.68, 4.51
Ty Montgomery -------1.59, 2.64, 4.55

All these guys have run 40s in the 4.40 range.

They may not be 4.30 speed players but when you go under 4.40, most of those guys are fleas. They are fast, but they can't hand fight for a ball, make back shoulder catches, nor muscle through a route because of their size. Calvin Johnson was the rare exception of size and speed. He was 1.52, 2.53, 4.35. At 6-5, 240#, he was huge.

Antonio Brown, 5-10, 181#, 1.56, 2.61, 4.48, Odell Beckham, Jr., 5-11, 188#, 1.50, 2.26, 4.43, Julio Jones, 6-3, 220#, 1.53, 2.54, 4.42. The top three in the game today.

I don't think we lack speed. We're fine. What we need is more deception in routes, and work those areas of the field that are vulnerable instead of believing we can air it out for 40+ every time.
There is only on guy on this team that I would consider a good route runner is Nelson. Cobb is fine but the rest....no. Montgomery was the best of the jounger guys last year. Yes it's an issue

Abby was getting praised for his routes and breaks during the pre season and camp here. Also Rodgers is high on him, so this entire WR situation is baffling.

Abby was getting praised for his routes and breaks during the pre season and camp here. Also Rodgers is high on him, so this entire WR situation is baffling.
Rodgers praised Adams in the past. Just saying

I'm starting to think that it's just rah rah stuff that comes out each camp. They seem to think they have to be out front with constant praise or having to have good things to say. I would rather them not say anything than try to prove that we don't know sh*t from shinola. I continuously hear that we, as fans, should have realistic expectations. YOu might even hear that come from the coaches or players. I submit then, that they should temper their comments and blowing of smoke and let the actions on the field speak louder than their words.

Rodgers praised Adams in the past. Just saying

Exactly. I just covered this in my previous post. It's values gum flapping, imo. If they were so valuable, then those players would make the field based on performance. If they are being held out because of ego then it's a gross miscarriage of duties as a coach. It would be like slitting your won throat.

Everything said by the Packers organization is to keep the seats full, not give us valuable information. McCarthy seems to believe that if he mentions he's pleased with a guy's play on the field it inspires them. It probably could if he didn't end up benching them when it's game day!

To sum it up, believe nothing of what they say. Believe what you see, on the field. That's the truth.

Well Abby was talked highly of by Rodgers last year before injury also. Once was on his show with Wilde.

On the other hand have never heard AR speak bad of any WR by name other then Finley

There is only on guy on this team that I would consider a good route runner is Nelson. Cobb is fine but the rest....no. Montgomery was the best of the jounger guys last year. Yes it's an issue

Abby has always been lauded for his route running.

Back