Greg Gard and team unrest

Actually that’s very valid. Bobby Knight tried that crap at Texas Tech and failed. But it worked at Indiana decades ago.

Al had a whipping boy each year. The media laughed about it. It was no secret
Yep old school coaches or those who learned under them are being phased out. Got the new coaches who have to handle kids with soft touch and only can say positive things about them. To me this does a diservice to these kids. They get out of college find out that they will no longer get coddled and many wont' be able to handle it.

Yep old school coaches or those who learned under them are being phased out. Got the new coaches who have to handle kids with soft touch and only can say positive things about them. To me this does a diservice to these kids. They get out of college find out that they will no longer get coddled and many wont' be able to handle it.
Not sure it’s a disservice but I see your point. It starts at the AAU level. There are still tough ass coaches out there who are successful like Beard at Texas to name 1. And then there are the parents who get way to damn involved like one in particular in the state of Wisconsin

This whole thing is not going to end well in Madison. It will effect recruiting, and I don't think the exodus of players is over.

This whole thing is not going to end well in Madison. It will effect recruiting, and I don't think the exodus of players is over.
The exodus would already have happened. Wahl, Carlson had ample opportunities to leave and chose not too. The current class stayed intact. And it’s not impacting visits with some highly rated kids. Are there issues yes but I don’t think it rises to much. And yes the AD and above were well aware of the issues and extended Gard

Nah just a bunch of butt hurt seniors who were not that great. I don't think it will change anything.

Nah just a bunch of butt hurt seniors who were not that great. I don't think it will change anything.
I do think it was more than that but at the same time not alarming. I would bet some cash these are quite common in most programs

I do think it was more than that but at the same time not alarming. I would bet some cash these are quite common in most programs
Probably. Lots of programs were they had good year before and next is down the seniors will probably bitch asking why they came back for.

Probably. Lots of programs were they had good year before and next is down the seniors will probably bitch asking why they came back for.
Not what I was getting at. Hell I bet these conversations happen with underclassmen also. It’s not exclusive or a broad brush.

Here is what disturbs me more than anything else. The meeting was over 2 1/2 hours, but only 37 minutes of audio ? Why? You don’t think there was some other construction conversation in the remaining 120 minutes? Please.

Here is what disturbs me more than anything else. The meeting was over 2 1/2 hours, but only 37 minutes of audio ? Why? You don’t think there was some other construction conversation in the remaining 120 minutes? Please.
Yeah someone wanted to edit what they wanted to be heard.

Back