Free Agent's That Will Help The Packers in 2019

I'd think Landon Collins would be a good pick up. Better than anything we have now and scheme flexible.
Collin's at worst will be getting FT put on him if not resigned before FA starts.

I understand what some of you are saying. FA is not great this year but we do have holes to fill. Will they be difference makers? Maybe or maybe not but we cannot just fill all the holes we have with the draft. Do not think the TT way. :)

And your telling me that there are not any FA options out there that are a better option than some of players on our roster currently?

I 100% disagree that there isnt talent to be had. Dee ford had more pressures then mack at one point. Hit knock is health. He will get overpaid. So will clowney. A guy we should look at is brandon graham. He might not be the big name but the guy is a constant terror. The type of guy that makes a difference on a roster.

Rodger saffold would be a major upgrade at guard. The guy is having a really good yr. Do i want to pay a guard no bit if it helps this o line so be it.

Suggs is old as dirt but he somehow keeps going. Could be a 1 yr type play

Safeties dont break the bank so i would grab one of the fa so we arent living and dying with a rook.

Point is there are guys to be had to get this ship in thebright direction. Maybe not long term answers but the kind of guys that get you in the rigjt direction. Ill go back to graham. That iggles team didnt have a standout player on it but dang they had some solid contributors

Packers have spent way more time and effort on def over last 3-4 years with little to show for it ...

Packers HAVE to address OL first and foremost. Without that it won't matter who you bring in.

At this point in a major rebuild no need to spend much on FA . It's not like a few FA adds and GB is off to a deep playoff run. Bring in new HC let him dictate draft and then look to FA to fill some holes if people are available that fit his scheme.

This is why the Packers have to act quick to hire a new HC. So he can get scheme in place and GB can redo draft board and look to FA later.

I just don't see DL has one of the highest needs; Daniels and Clark are solid, Wilkerson showed flashes, and we have some depth.
IMHO we need an edge rusher (Matthews/Perry not getting it done), Safety, and OL (average starters, no depth).

Clark is solid. Daniels got paid and dialed it back. While both could be part of a good DL Packers need to find that stud DL who can take the pressure off those other two.. that would be a good Target in FA if they could find one.

I agree about the edge rusher .. I think we need two.

And to think GB could have had James back there. A guy who is better than several of GBs put together. Would be much easier to find someone comparable to Alexander than James.

Packers have spent way more time and effort on def over last 3-4 years with little to show for it ...

Packers HAVE to address OL first and foremost. Without that it won't matter who you bring in.

At this point in a major rebuild no need to spend much on FA . It's not like a few FA adds and GB is off to a deep playoff run. Bring in new HC let him dictate draft and then look to FA to fill some holes if people are available that fit his scheme.

This is why the Packers have to act quick to hire a new HC. So he can get scheme in place and GB can redo draft board and look to FA later.

I dont see a major rebuild. Outside of a few here i havent heard major rebuild at all. An overhaul sure. Nfl is a funny game. Teams can change quick. Look at eagels and bears. It can go the other way also. Jags and az a few yrs ago. Point being. I really think this team isnt lightyears off. A good draft and keybfree agents can get us back. Hell i saw a scrub pack team that could have stole a game sunday. This team needs rodgers to play close to his pay for starters. Get our new coach and go from there. At the least this shoild be exciting offseason.

As far as dl, you can never have enough bigs. Clark is at elite level but daniels isnt here forever and wilk is up in the air. If a stud l8ke quinnen williams is there ypu jump. I love jeff simmons also but he has a huge off field flag from his frosh yr. I did a mock today where i took Both in the 1st. You win in the trenches

Im excited for the future of green bay football. It might take a minute and we might have bumps but its a new chapter.

It's a major rebuild in the sense that a new HC will have a new scheme. And unless you find someone who is going to do things very similar to MM (in which case why get rid of him) the current roster which was built for MM scheme will need to be revamped. New players with different skill sets are needed as well as getting rid of current players who dont fit, even if they are decent.

It's a major rebuild in the sense that a new HC will have a new scheme. And unless you find someone who is going to do things very similar to MM (in which case why get rid of him) the current roster which was built for MM scheme will need to be revamped. New players with different skill sets are needed as well as getting rid of current players who dont fit, even if they are decent.
Makes sense. I cant agrue that but your base guys are not going anywhere. Pass catchers qb and rbs dont change. Young cb are here to stay. That leads to the weak spots that need new life. Ol olb s positions. Dl and ilb always can get better but not a huge hole.

Back