Catch 22?

1. I've always been somewhat ambiguous about playing starters in the preseason but Sunday pushed me over the edge. I sit here today of the belief you have to play them, at least some. How much, I don't know... but some.

2. You make a GREAT point about the coin toss. My go-to thought process is pretty much always defer but in those conditions, nope. You're right on the money. Give 'em a healthy dose of Jones, or better yet, Dillon, to open the game. Let him beat their ass for a few minutes and see can we get them on their heels.

3. I ain't scared. The whole division's 0-1 and it seems like every year we throw one of these stinkers where "we didn't execute" or "we got ahead of ourselves" or "weren't ready to play" or whatever. If this is the only one, this was the perfect time for it and if the bad press behind it pisses Rodgers off in the right way, it may even turn out to be a blessing in disguise.

3b. Although scared I ain't, I am somewhat concerned about this whole Joe Barry thing. I really didn't understand letting Pettine go, or at least the timing of it. The defense was top 10 last year, and I though Rashan Gary's continued development along with the addition of anything not named Kevin King in the backfield were going to be pretty big. We keep hearing about Barry's "energy" but the track record is... just... so... bad.

1. I've always been somewhat ambiguous about playing starters in the preseason but Sunday pushed me over the edge. I sit here today of the belief you have to play them, at least some. How much, I don't know... but some.

2. You make a GREAT point about the coin toss. My go-to thought process is pretty much always defer but in those conditions, nope. You're right on the money. Give 'em a healthy dose of Jones, or better yet, Dillon, to open the game. Let him beat their ass for a few minutes and see can we get them on their heels.

3. I ain't scared. The whole division's 0-1 and it seems like every year we throw one of these stinkers where "we didn't execute" or "we got ahead of ourselves" or "weren't ready to play" or whatever. If this is the only one, this was the perfect time for it and if the bad press behind it pisses Rodgers off in the right way, it may even turn out to be a blessing in disguise.

3b. Although scared I ain't, I am somewhat concerned about this whole Joe Barry thing. I really didn't understand letting Pettine go, or at least the timing of it. The defense was top 10 last year, and I though Rashan Gary's continued development along with the addition of anything not named Kevin King in the backfield were going to be pretty big. We keep hearing about Barry's "energy" but the track record is... just... so... bad.
Someone had to be the escapegoat for how the season ended and it was Pettine. By the time he was fired all the best choices for a DC were hired. Though it does seem Packers settled for the bottom of what was left out there with a guy getting fired twice as a DC because he had garbage defense.

Back