Catch 22?

Terranimal

Reaction score
So we didn't play the starters in preseason for fear of risking injury.

Yet most teams had their starters play a few series to a quarter or half.

Today's showing was pure failure in all phases. The word from team was they were ready as of last Monday yet they looked inept today. Huge upset as many had Pack winning by double digits.

The only consultation was the entire division lost today.

When the only bright spot was Cosby making a FG it's a sad start to a season as the supposed team picked for Super Bowl. The only thing Super today was team's mistakes and poor play and looking like pretenders instead of contenders.

It's not all doom and gloom if they turn it around quickly. The question is will and can they?

Today's showing was pure failure in all phases. The word from team was they were ready as of last Monday yet they looked inept today. Huge upset as many had Pack winning by double digits.

When the only bright spot was Cosby making a FG it's a sad start to a season as the supposed team picked for Super Bowl. The only thing Super today was team's mistakes and poor play and looking like pretenders instead of contenders.

It's not all doom and gloom if they turn it around quickly. The question is will and can they?
The only real context of not playing in the preseason was that NO made them go outside in the FL heat and then put in a ball-control game plan to wear out the D. The fact that MLF and his staff didn't catch on is rather puzzling, that's a veteran move by Sean Payton.

I missed the first couple of minutes, did we defer or lose the coin toss outright? As for the offense, run the damn ball and run it some more and tell super mouth, Aaron, to shut it with his 4 wide crap. My question is the mental state of this locker room and way too much hype.

The only real context of not playing in the preseason was that NO made them go outside in the FL heat and then put in a ball-control game plan to wear out the D. The fact that MLF and his staff didn't catch on is rather puzzling, that's a veteran move by Sean Payton.

I missed the first couple of minutes, did we defer or lose the coin toss outright? As for the offense, run the damn ball and run it some more and tell super mouth, Aaron, to shut it with his 4 wide crap. My question is the mental state of this locker room and way too much hype.
They won the toss and deferred.

From the 2nd quarter it looked like MM’s offense with all the 4 and even 5 wide stuff. I couldn’t believe it, it wasn’t even ML’s offense, like they turned the reins over to Rodgers. It was a complete flop, they can’t win that way.

They won the toss and deferred.

From the 2nd quarter it looked like MM’s offense with all the 4 and even 5 wide stuff. I couldn’t believe it, it wasn’t even ML’s offense, like they turned the reins over to Rodgers. It was a complete flop, they can’t win that way.
In that case, it's a strike against ML, you don't give the other team the opportunity to possess the football right off the bat in those conditions.

The line was NOLA +4.5 and only if you had green and gold glasses would a double digit win sound likely. Upset yes but not of epic proportions. Early line is -10.5 on Monday night and I tend to think they cover, at home on Monday Night. If they don’t maybe the issue are more than we want to accept

The locker room question might be more important than the physical ass whooping they took on the field. Week 1 is usually a bit off and odd to begin with especially with Covid, some teams had a very disjointed pre season and as pointed out lack of starters playing

We have all been using the word distraction since April and it’s a legit conversation and concern.

The locker room question might be more important than the physical ass whooping they took on the field. Week 1 is usually a bit off and odd to begin with especially with Covid, some teams had a very disjointed pre season and as pointed out lack of starters playing

We have all been using the word distraction since April and it’s a legit conversation and concern.
Game 1 means one data point, but I'm concerned about how the offense ran as soon as they got down a little. By the counts I've seen, last year and the year before ML ran fewer than 10 snaps of 4 wide per year, and it seemed like he was doing it on almost every drive yesterday once they went down 10. There is no point having Aaron Rodgers back if the price of having him back is that he demands to run the 2018 playbook.

Game 1 means one data point, but I'm concerned about how the offense ran as soon as they got down a little. By the counts I've seen, last year and the year before ML ran fewer than 10 snaps of 4 wide per year, and it seemed like he was doing it on almost every drive yesterday once they went down 10. There is no point having Aaron Rodgers back if the price of having him back is that he demands to run the 2018 playbook.
The fact they abandoned the run after 6-8 snaps was hard to figure out. The only thing I can even grasp is with Lattimore out they felt they had one / one mismatches and could take advantage of that. But even that is a head scratcher because you needed to keep the defensive off the field so run the damn ball.

The fact they abandoned the run after 6-8 snaps was hard to figure out. The only thing I can even grasp is with Lattimore out they felt they had one / one mismatches and could take advantage of that. But even that is a head scratcher because you needed to keep the defensive off the field so run the damn ball.
I think Rodgers said after the game that they expected Allen to blitz a lot, and instead he just hung back and played man coverage with deep safeties. That's been the way to beat Rodgers forever, because you make him just hand it off and GB has never been patient enough or committed enough to really run the ball (weird yesterday because they paid Jones all that money and spent a 2nd on a big RB). The answer yesterday was to keep running the ball on that second drive, rather than going throw crazy. We do have to remember, for context, that GB had only two drives before the 2min drill at the end in the whole half because the D couldn't get a stop.

I think Rodgers said after the game that they expected Allen to blitz a lot, and instead he just hung back and played man coverage with deep safeties. That's been the way to beat Rodgers forever, because you make him just hand it off and GB has never been patient enough or committed enough to really run the ball (weird yesterday because they paid Jones all that money and spent a 2nd on a big RB). The answer yesterday was to keep running the ball on that second drive, rather than going throw crazy. We do have to remember, for context, that GB had only two drives before the 2min drill at the end in the whole half because the D couldn't get a stop.
And when they came out in the 2nd they only ran the ball 2x and went deep to MVS 2x. That played right into NOLA hands. I would love to know how many plays were changed at the line especially the MVS tosses. Down 14 is manageable especially with this offense but you have to keep the defense off the filed. That entire drive lasted only 5:30.

Back