Catch 22?

After the first NO drive it was obvious our defense was not going to handle them. After our first two offensive series' it was obvious we weren't going to score much. From there on in, it was exposure of one weakness after another.

This team is lost. Right now players are not in shape and not in time with each other. The game plan is a mess.

If I am detroit I try to follow NOLA game plan on offense. Try to control the clock see if you can wear out this D even though heat won't be issue I still question the D's condition to go long stretch's in any weather.

Is this a bad loss ? Yes
Is game 1 just one data point over 17 weeks? Yes
Teams in this league are / should be judged by tends not one game
Keeping perspective, GB is -10.5 vs Detroit and will cover.
Happy Monday

If I am detroit I try to follow NOLA game plan on offense. Try to control the clock see if you can wear out this D even though heat won't be issue I still question the D's condition to go long stretch's in any weather.
Detroit does not have the OL that NOLA does. Different personal. All that said the playbook to beat GB for the last decade is to control tempo and keep 12 off the field. That’s not changing anytime soon

Also did getting behind cause them to give up on run game or was it because OL was putrid?

Detroit does not have the OL that NOLA does. Different personal. All that said the playbook to beat GB for the last decade is to control tempo and keep 12 off the field. That’s not changing anytime soon
Thing is I think Lions can give GB a game they have last several years. I don't think GB talent is as good as people make it out to be.

Is this a bad loss ? Yes
Is game 1 just one data point over 17 weeks? Yes
Teams in this league are / should be judged by tends not one game
Keeping perspective, GB is -10.5 vs Detroit and will cover.
Happy Monday
I htink 10.5 is a lot I would go with GB to win but Lions to be the spread.

Also did getting behind cause them to give up on run game or was it because OL was putrid?
Have no clue and there is some discussion on another thread about this. Only thing I can think of is with Lattimore GB should have matchup advantages on the back end but on the flip side you needed to rest the D

Thing is I think Lions can give GB a game they have last several years. I don't think GB talent is as good as people make it out to be.
Detroit is a 3-4 win team. I am not going to overreact to much

Back