Bucks vs Hawks Eastern Conference Finals Thread

Strange series and strange game 6 to say the least.
  • That did not feel like a Game 6 elimination game. Sloppy first half, no flow and as Shaq said crowd seemed dead
  • That’s why you pay Middleton, it’s not even debatable. Compare him to Collins it’s laughable. Yeah Collins wants a max deal? Ok. Oh he was offered $90m and said no
  • Jrue Holiday is fantastic on both ends. Yeah I was critical of him earlier but he stepped up
  • Nate McMillan was awful. You only get 12 shots from Bogey all night and he’s your best pure shooter? It was clear Young had no lift or burst but you only get Collins 9 shots in 31 minutes? Yeah that’s making adjustments
  • Atlanta played defense for maybe 6 quarters this entire series. Enough said
  • Connaughton was the unsung hero. Made some shots but was outstanding in the boards and played excellent defense
  • Nice to see Teague show up
Just a gutty team, they play with an edge that’s been missing for years. Most of that is Holiday and Tucker but also Giannis has matured and Middleton has become a legit #2

On to Phoenix
Yeah Young was strange it was clear he should have not been out there tonight as he was more of a liablity then a help to them and let him take shots he was taking.

Yeah Young was strange it was clear he should have not been out there tonight as he was more of a liablity then a help to them and let him take shots he was taking.
Not sure he was a liability but I get your point. He’s better at 70% than Williams is at 100% and it’s an elimination game. They ran very little high screen action to get him space and when he did he seemed tentative. Gets to game plan and adjustments. Collins and Bogey combined took 21 shots. Completely unacceptable

Ok Giannis was out on the court last night I missed seeing him on TV and thought it was strange that I did not see him.

E5bvEISXIAMYcZd

Reactions: TW
I'm not even going to guess at how the match-ups will work out against the Suns. After watching last night's game, I saw a lot of guys step up on defense, often in ways that don't show up on scorecards. Denying that pass to the open shooter, and blocking a path to the bucket for an easy shot may not be counted, but they effect the game.

Then there was the team - as a unit - effort. They played more inside themselves for most of the game. When someone struggled, someone else picked them up. As an example, both Connaughton and Middleton did it when needed. That special shot when it's needed most, or that steal, that blunts a run against you.

Ok Giannis was out on the court last night I missed seeing him on TV and thought it was strange that I did not see him.

E5bvEISXIAMYcZd
The look on Giannis face tells it all. These guys are on a mission.

E5bvEISXIAMYcZd
They showed him 2 or 3 times in the bench. Was involved

It's going to be hard to keep Bobby Portis he's played really well and some team is going to make him a offer of good money and chance to start.

Holiday at the trade I thought MKE gave up a ton which they did but he proved that he was worth everything they gave up to get him. He brought a toughness this year the team has not had. Also his leadership is huge. If the Bucks kept Bledsoe they are out in the 2nd round of the playoffs. Also I questioned if Bledsoe would stay in MKE but loved to see that he does love MKE as he took a contract below max value.

Now the biggest thing after this season will be if they lose guys like Tucker, Portis, Forbes who can they replace them with?

Holiday at the trade I thought MKE gave up a ton which they did but he proved that he was worth everything they gave up to get him. He brought a toughness this year the team has not had. Also his leadership is huge. If the Bucks kept Bledsoe they are out in the 2nd round of the playoffs. Also I questioned if Bledsoe would stay in MKE but loved to see that he does love MKE as he took a contract below max value.

Now the biggest thing after this season will be if they lose guys like Tucker, Portis, Forbes who can they replace them with?
He also brought decision making , offense and better defense to the table. As in said earlier in response to Buds job being saved , this team was not getting to the next level with Bledsoe

Back