Bucks and free agency

I will be as sensitive as possible saying this. Wisconsin is lily white and has no idea what real segregation is.
I agree WI is probably 80% white if not higher.

It's still 1850 in a lot of areas of the South.

Perception vs reality. Move south if you want to see real segregation.
Every large metro area in the US (and probably around the world) has segregation issues.
It starts out as a convenience - people want to live around others like themselves (Milwaukee and Chicago are great examples of that with the various European nationalities grouping together). And that made it easier to also have black people segregated as well, given the attitudes at the time this started. And then the city and state governments used segregation to control people and keep them there, because you can't lose voters.

Every large metro area in the US (and probably around the world) has segregation issues.
It starts out as a convenience - people want to live around others like themselves (Milwaukee and Chicago are great examples of that with the various European nationalities grouping together). And that made it easier to also have black people segregated as well, given the attitudes at the time this started. And then the city and state governments used segregation to control people and keep them there, because you can't lose voters.
I get your point about large metros but take a trip around the south ...Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina and Florida (disclaimers: anything south of I-4 in Florida is not the south). Some areas it’s like taking a trip back in a time to the 60’s when it comes to segregation and attitudes. Even to some extent Atlanta.

It is like the 60s in a lot of areas. I've seen it myself.

LOL reading all the sixers fans comments now like Korver is trash we never wanted him.

You always put down what you can't have. All fan bases do some of it.

Hopefully Korver can give them some steady minutes, especially come playoff time. Hopefully, at his age, they don't burn him out with useless minutes during the regular season.

Back