Buck injuries

Looking for potential last second bodies, if anyone goes down just prior to the playoffs.

I question if Bucks will sign anyone as they are about 700K below luxury tax. So they may leave the 15th spot open to avoid paying the tax.

I think you're right. I didn't think about the tax, but I figured it's only trying to find a couple of names you could grab in a fix. Not that they'd add much to the team, but sometimes just a warm body sucking up some minutes can help the team.

I think you're right. I didn't think about the tax, but I figured it's only trying to find a couple of names you could grab in a fix. Not that they'd add much to the team, but sometimes just a warm body sucking up some minutes can help the team.

I don't think the luxury tax will stop them from adding a guy who'll likely get a short, cheap basically 2 month contract. Let's say they give a guy like Joe Johnson $1mil to play for a couple of months, that would mean they pay $450k in tax. Not enough to dissuade them from taking on that contract if it means a run at a title.

Heck, my bet is they tell a guy like Johnson - "it's $700k to play for 2 months and shoot for a ring - take it or leave it."

I don't think the luxury tax will stop them from adding a guy who'll likely get a short, cheap basically 2 month contract. Let's say they give a guy like Joe Johnson $1mil to play for a couple of months, that would mean they pay $450k in tax. Not enough to dissuade them from taking on that contract if it means a run at a title.

Heck, my bet is they tell a guy like Johnson - "it's $700k to play for 2 months and shoot for a ring - take it or leave it."
Joe Johnson here is $7.50 hour min wage take it or leave it. :)

Reports saying Austin Rivers won't become that 15th man for MKE as he is nearing deal with Denver who lost Jamal Murray eariler.

Reports saying Austin Rivers won't become that 15th man for MKE as he is nearing deal with Denver who lost Jamal Murray eariler.
Once Teague & Tucker hit the roster there was no need for Rivers especially Teague.

Tucker and Teague have been working themselves into bigger roles. In a way, Giannis and the rest of the starters being out for a period of time gave Bud a chance to actually work with a lot of pieces from the bench, to find out exactly what they had to offer. Some of them have been stepping up more each time they hit the court.

Now, let's see how they finish the season, and start off in the playoffs. I'm not confident, but am not counting them out.

Tucker and Teague have been working themselves into bigger roles. In a way, Giannis and the rest of the starters being out for a period of time gave Bud a chance to actually work with a lot of pieces from the bench, to find out exactly what they had to offer. Some of them have been stepping up more each time they hit the court.

Now, let's see how they finish the season, and start off in the playoffs. I'm not confident, but am not counting them out.
This group is much deeper and talented than last year. The record does not show it but then I think Philadelphia is better and so is Brooklyn. It’s also an odd season. I thought Phoenix would be a factor but not this much, whoever thought Utah would be were they are would be lying.

I’m more confident in this group than the one who played in the bubble last year

Back