Buck injuries

TW

Reaction score
They're injury list is unreal. I don't see them actually being a force in the playoffs either. They won't make it out of the second round, and might not even get there. Regardless of all the great moves they seem to have made on paper, I still don't believe this team has the veteran experience it needs on the bench to play deep into their roster. It's killing them.

If they bow out in the first round, it's going to be Bud paying the price. The front office won't admit they made a mistake in their trades and FA signings.

Get healthy, playoffs are all that matters. Lakers are in the same boat. This is a better team top to bottom then last year. They make the finals of the East and let it play out. No stress
As to the bench
Portis upgrade over Lopez
Forbes upgrade over Korver
Teague vet PG
Thanasis makes them much athletic

This is the same team that just recently won 9-10 when healthy and has had 2 other long win runs when healthy. As bad as this injury run is they are only 4 games out of 1 seed and 3 out of #2. And honestly to lose to Charlotte by only 8 with 5 starters out and a G League roster off the bench is damn impressive

Last edited:
Worth the read. Spot on

I understand that they are playing slightly more games per week (went from 3.5/week up to 3.75/week this season), but that's still roughly a game every other day; where sometimes they will play 2 in a row, then get an extra day off. Where it does come into play is when you mix a tight schedule with a road trip - the Bucks just played 9 games in a 14 day stretch, with only 1 at home so there was a lot of travel as well.

I understand that they are playing slightly more games per week (went from 3.5/week up to 3.75/week this season), but that's still roughly a game every other day; where sometimes they will play 2 in a row, then get an extra day off. Where it does come into play is when you mix a tight schedule with a road trip - the Bucks just played 9 games in a 14 day stretch, with only 1 at home so there was a lot of travel as well.
The other factor is the shorter off season. Season ended Oct 11th, Bucks ended September 8th and then back at it in November for camp.

Part of it is the weirdness of the schedule. On the recent road trip they had them play all 4 California team - no problem, except, in the middle they had them fly to Portland to initiate a back-to-back. Then after the 5 west coast games they have them fly to Dallas to initiate another back-to-back with the second game being a home game back in Milwaukee. Just some odd choices in there that make for an even more tiring schedule.

The other factor is the shorter off season. Season ended Oct 11th, Bucks ended September 8th and then back at it in November for camp.
Unless you had some sort of moderate or serious injury to rehab, I think the shorter off-season was more of a way to grumble about having less time off than they're used to. What I'm curious about, is since they wanted to move the season start date back to where they indeed started this season, why didn't they schedule like a normal season with 82 games over a longer period of time?

Unless you had some sort of moderate or serious injury to rehab, I think the shorter off-season was more of a way to grumble about having less time off than they're used to. What I'm curious about, is since they wanted to move the season start date back to where they indeed started this season, why didn't they schedule like a normal season with 82 games over a longer period of time?
I think it was 2 things. #1 the league wanted some flexibility if games got cancelled due to Covid. #2 the league was hell bent on this “play in tournament” so that takes out a few days also

Bucks going to work out 39 year old Joe Johnson who has not played in NBA in 3 years? Question is why? He can't have anything left to be worth signing.

Bucks going to work out 39 year old Joe Johnson who has not played in NBA in 3 years? Question is why? He can't have anything left to be worth signing.
It’s a workout, nothing more nothing less

Back