Big Training Camp Battles: Inside Linebackers

The unanswered question is, “Does Josh Jackson have the instincts to play that role?”
Raven Greene has proven he does, but he has not remained injury free.
The other knock on Jackson is that he is a weak tackler. He tends to arm tackle rather than drop his shoulder into one.
Things will begin to shake out in short order.
Josh Jackson has one instinct and that is to

I think Lombardi would be ran out of town for being mean nowadays

I like the word mean here. I think that's exactly how they'd feel about him. The biggest thing that separates the game from the past and today is one major word. Discipline. No matter how much the players are better prepared physically because they have the resources available, they will never have the discipline that someone like Lombardi insisted on with the Packers. It was the key element that created the dynasty he and the Packers enjoyed.

I like the word mean here. I think that's exactly how they'd feel about him. The biggest thing that separates the game from the past and today is one major word. Discipline. No matter how much the players are better prepared physically because they have the resources available, they will never have the discipline that someone like Lombardi insisted on with the Packers. It was the key element that created the dynasty he and the Packers enjoyed.
Players are to soft today we hear how players will complain about coaches if they ride them hard insult them make fun of them. Back even a decade ago no one would have cared as these players needed to be motivated to work hard to get in shape. Now you need to give them a hug and a popiscle and ask if they need some time in the safe place.

• Haha
Reactions: TW
I would also suggest that the “discipline” they learned under Lombardi set many of them up to be successful in life after football.

Lombardi loved his players. That's why he was hard on them.

Another edge he had was that he kept the best players, regardless of race or ethnicity.

Lombardi loved his players. That's why he was hard on them.

Another edge he had was that he kept the best players, regardless of race or ethnicity.
Lombardi would never be able to coach today he would be deemed insenstive and fired for how he screamed at players and told them they should fine another line of work because they are not good enough to play football.

Lombardi would never be able to coach today he would be deemed insenstive and fired for how he screamed at players and told them they should fine another line of work because they are not good enough to play football.

i can understand why millionaires would not want to be treated like children.

another reason why lombardi would never be able to coach today is that he's dead.

i can understand why millionaires would not want to be treated like children.

another reason why lombardi would never be able to coach today is that he's dead.
Though I think a lot of the players today are the particaption trophy kids everyone treated like a winner everyone plays because can't make someone feel left out. If they suck you give them a pat on the back say they will do better next time.

Back