Big Training Camp Battles: Inside Linebackers

I won't be shocked if Jackson is cut at end of TC. Right now he is proably the 4th CB on the team and you question if a guy like Hollman is just as good if so you can cut Jackson as you can then play with 4 CBs and 3-4 Safeties.

They feel good about Kabion Ento as well. He flashed during preseason and camp but got stashed on PS because he was UDFA.
He could compete for a roster spot at CB as well.

i think even dequoy has a better shot at cb than jackson frankly.

Teams like SF are going to eat us up again. We don't match up well vs a physical run game and aggressive defense.

I'm trying to figure out who has a big enough body to step up from our secondary and be able to be the nickel back or the 2nd ILB on the field. I'm afraid I don't see anyone. I'm totally at a loss as to where this is going.

On offense, I understand the desire to go to the run as much as possible. The problem is, if your defense can't stop the other team from scoring, you gotta pass. You can't run clock when you're behind.

This whole season is a mystery to me. But it will be fun. I'm curious to see how they get Love some time under center, or if they even will.

I'm trying to figure out who has a big enough body to step up from our secondary and be able to be the nickel back or the 2nd ILB on the field. I'm afraid I don't see anyone. I'm totally at a loss as to where this is going.

On offense, I understand the desire to go to the run as much as possible. The problem is, if your defense can't stop the other team from scoring, you gotta pass. You can't run clock when you're behind.

This whole season is a mystery to me. But it will be fun. I'm curious to see how they get Love some time under center, or if they even will.
Vernon Scott could be trained in that role. Burnett was 6'1 210 pounds and played that role. Scott is 6'2 and listed at 202 so you could make him that hybrid nickel back ILB role Burnett played.

Jackson has the size for it, moreso than Savage or Raven Green imo. Might have to give him a year to add weight. He'd aslo have to agree to that role.

The unanswered question is, “Does Josh Jackson have the instincts to play that role?”
Raven Greene has proven he does, but he has not remained injury free.
The other knock on Jackson is that he is a weak tackler. He tends to arm tackle rather than drop his shoulder into one.
Things will begin to shake out in short order.

Back