Barry and The Fangio scheme

Both our safeties are just okay for this scheme, look folks it's okay to have doubts. This defense without at least 2-3 pieces isn't going to be a whole lot better than the last 2 seasons. Am I a fan of this hire? Nope, do I like the scheme? That's a negative.

I think ML had to settle and stayed with comfort.

Last edited:
That’s fair. And could not agree more that its a multi year fix. I just feel that speed / athletic is the key to this scheme and while Amos is solid not sure he brings the rest
It was a multi-year fix two years ago, and with each off season they go without addressing these gaping holes, it remains a multi-year fix.

I read that Leonhard turned it down. Does anybody know why?

Yes, I am a homer. And, I understand that many did not want him.

However, to me it's interesting that he didn't step up from college to the pros. I'd hate to see that he saw the talent, talked to the front office about their strategy for improving, and said hell no.

I’d add a DL to the shopping list

I would too but it doesn't seem like the deepest year at the position in the draft and I don't see a quality FA fitting into the team's off-season plan with the CAP issues we already have. Maybe Barmore or Nixon are worthy of pick 29. There might be a guy or two worthy of a second round pick. Still, when the depth is this shallow it's tough to plan on a guy being there late in each round unless you reach.

However, to me it's interesting that he didn't step up from college to the pros. I'd hate to see that he saw the talent, talked to the front office about their strategy for improving, and said hell no.
He likes his job, it's not that crazy. The GB Packers called and asked him to interview for the job so you have to take that call, but I don't think there's anything under the surface.

I think him and his wife just did not want to leave UW/Madison. From what he said he was almost out the door but decided to stay at UW.

Told you he wouldn't take it, he loves Madison and his kids love the schools there. It wasn't time yet for him to move on.... He's truly happy where is.

I would too but it doesn't seem like the deepest year at the position in the draft and I don't see a quality FA fitting into the team's off-season plan with the CAP issues we already have. Maybe Barmore or Nixon are worthy of pick 29. There might be a guy or two worthy of a second round pick. Still, when the depth is this shallow it's tough to plan on a guy being there late in each round unless you reach.
Depends on what defense they will spend the most time in. They will lose Montravious Adams to FA, and if they release a Lowry to help make cap space, they will be down 2 DL.
They very much need to be looking at DL somewhere in the first 2-3 rounds, and I think that depending on what they want, there is enough talent available to do so.

Told you he wouldn't take it, he loves Madison and his kids love the schools there. It wasn't time yet for him to move on.... He's truly happy where is.
Yep and he also makes $1m so he’s well compensated

They will lose Montravious Adams to FA, and if they release a Lowry to help make cap space, they will be down 2 DL.
first of all, losing m. adams to free agency is totally inconsequential. just another bench-rider. i know this isn't the popular opinion here, but i kind of like lowry. i think he just needs a little seasoning.

Back