BadgerMens BB Thread 2023/24

Playground basketball. McGee brings the same thing to the court as Blackwell and Storr. The Badgers needed that extra shot in the arm, and Kamari brought it in only 10 minutes of play time.

Let's hope Gard utilizes that talent he has on this team against Purdue, and in the Big 10 playoffs. It would be nice to see them at least do well enough to make it to the second our third round of the big dance.

Until I see it happen, I'll just keep hoping, but have no confidence in him. He doesn't know how to manage a team of players who are free spirits on the court. He's an old four-corners coach.
For the life of me, I don't know why people are playing in front of Blackwell, and McGee. Bucky was most effective yesterday on offense and defense when it went 3 guards with Chucky, Blackwell, and McGee. Any coach coaching for their job would see that. So, I guess we're stuck with Gard.

Reactions: TW
For the life of me, I don't know why people are playing in front of Blackwell, and McGee. Bucky was most effective yesterday on offense and defense when it went 3 guards with Chucky, Blackwell, and McGee. Any coach coaching for their job would see that. So, I guess we're stuck with Gard.
You see exactly what I've been seeing. Too many players misused, and also, a lack of coaching on fundamental issues that can improve their game. It's never going to happen with Gard there, because he doesn't understand anything but the game he's coached his entire life.

Saw this posted on the BadgerBlitz website. They interviewed Conner Essegian at the Big-10 tourney.

University of Wisconsin sophomore Connor Essegian says he has no interest in putting his name in the transfer portal, saying his loyalty to the Badgers’ program outweighs anything else he might find on the open market and that he’ll return next season.

“There’s no reason (to enter the portal),” he said. “I love this place.”

Say what you will about Gard and the basketball program, it doesn't sound like there is poison running through the team and the locker room despite all the crappy play the last 6 weeks. Gard is not the answer long-term, but it doesn't seem like he's lost the team . . . yet.

Saw this posted on the BadgerBlitz website. They interviewed Conner Essegian at the Big-10 tourney.

University of Wisconsin sophomore Connor Essegian says he has no interest in putting his name in the transfer portal, saying his loyalty to the Badgers’ program outweighs anything else he might find on the open market and that he’ll return next season.

“There’s no reason (to enter the portal),” he said. “I love this place.”

Say what you will about Gard and the basketball program, it doesn't sound like there is poison running through the team and the locker room despite all the crappy play the last 6 weeks. Gard is not the answer long-term, but it doesn't seem like he's lost the team . . . yet.
Fantastic to hear.

if they somehow manage to beat purdue (stop laughing), that will be a minor miracle.

if they somehow manage to beat purdue (stop laughing), that will be a minor miracle.
It could happen. The way they played the last two games, they could bring it to Edey, and get him in foul trouble. The wild card in the game tomorrow is going to have to be Wahl. He needs to get points on the board, and be disruptive underneath.

There's talent on this Badger team. Gard just needs to let them play their offensive game, and focus on his defense. That could create a winning combination.

Long shot tomorrow though. I had to do some juggling on shopping with my wife so I don't miss it.

What a turnaround. Somehow beat Purdue and get into Championship Game. We should be a lock for the dance, but I'd rather win it outright. Go Bucky!

A ton of people picking James Madison over UW in the experts brackets. Did NCAA set UW to fail in this as a 12 over 5 upset?

A ton of people picking James Madison over UW in the experts brackets. Did NCAA set UW to fail in this as a 12 over 5 upset?
There is a lot of chatter. It all depends on which Bucky shows up. The team we saw in the Big 10 tourney will kick James Madison all over the court. If they revert back to the lackluster team that doesn't hustle every minute on the floor, they're going to beat Bucky.

Personally, I think Bucky has a point to prove, and could beat both JM and Duke who will obviously advance. Then comes Houston. They're pretty darned good. It would be one heck of a big upset if Bucky beat them. Assuming they even get that far.

Back