Aaron Rodgers And That Knee

That and ego

I just hope he didn't do too much more damage to it by playing the rest of the game. The undoubtedly shot him up and he still had issues. Don't screw with it for one "great" game.. Doesn't matter how great the comeback if you throw away the rest of the season.

I just hope he didn't do too much more damage to it by playing the rest of the game. The undoubtedly shot him up and he still had issues. Don't screw with it for one "great" game.. Doesn't matter how great the comeback if you throw away the rest of the season.

No one, and I mean no one, talked like this about Favre. Why does Rodgers get treated with kid gloves? For decades NFL players played through all sorts of injuries and we celebrate them for it. Now we lament when they get hurt, but fret when they play through it. I don't get it.

No one, and I mean no one, talked like this about Favre. Why does Rodgers get treated with kid gloves? For decades NFL players played through all sorts of injuries and we celebrate them for it. Now we lament when they get hurt, but fret when they play through it. I don't get it.
Without Rodgers we are screwed that's a proven fact. Our Defense isn't winning without him and our offense sure as heck isn't so I think the point people are making is it's better to lose 2-3 now and get a healthier Rodgers rather then risk and screw the season. Can't compare the Favre/Wolf years to now, different era and no CBA. Those days are gone forever I am afraid.

Because salaries of players are insane compared to what they used to make

Since we've seen Rodgers go down with three injuries in a short period of time, we might think about the guaranteed money in his contract. That will tell the Packers what they need to do. He's ours, long term, no matter what. Would it be better to have him heal, and come back and be available long term, or are you willing to throw the dice and hope it doesn't get worse, and possibly end his career early, and have a figure over 20% of your salary cap eaten up every year because he can't play, and you can't afford the cap hit in one year? It's all about money I'm afraid. But then there's McCarthy. A losing season with Rodgers hobbled could cost McCarthy his job.

I don't think it's kid gloves, I think it is the newly inked guaranteed money. That and the opiod epidemic. IIRC, Brett ended up addicted and abusing vicodin. Like TW said, the issues revolve around short term vs long term and MMs possible employment status if Rodgers goes down.

I don’t buy the money part. Any NFL franchise worth it’s ass would protect their franchise player, QB or RB or WR you name it. This is week 2. You look at the big picture. Do you risk one or 2 weeks? Can he injure it more. This is not just McCarthy or Murphy. It’s McKenzie

I'm really just talking about fan reaction. I understand why it's a difficult decision for the team, but when Favre got dinged, no one I ever saw on a message board or elsewhere fretted about the quality of GB's backup at QB, the toughness of an opponent, or the big picture, or his contract. We wanted him to play! Why don't people ever seem to want Rodgers to play unless he's in perfect health? I admire players when they play through pain. It's a sign of their competitiveness and commitment to teammates. Listen to every HOF speech and those guys ALWAYS talk about fighting through injury and adversity to be there for their team and fans. Why shouldn't Rodgers have that chance too?

Back