Aaron Rodgers And That Knee

Had 2 different MCL sprains one in college and one in the CFL. They are in different degrees but playing on it won't make it better. We had a QB at UNI when I coached there that tried to play with a sprained MCL, he was hot/cold for 3 games. They sat him and made him rest for 2 weeks and he was fine after that.

Here's the bad thing in about 10 years Aaron will feel that game every morning and every time it rains. He thinks that tough dude crap makes him a "bad man" in reality he will regret doing this and not sitting out for many many year...several guys here can attest to this. I say it makes you a dumb man Aaron.

Had 2 different MCL sprains one in college and one in the CFL. They are in different degrees but playing on it won't make it better. We had a QB at UNI when I coached there that tried to play with a sprained MCL, he was hot/cold for 3 games. They sat him and made him rest for 2 weeks and he was fine after that.

Here's the bad thing in about 10 years Aaron will feel that game every morning and every time it rains. He thinks that tough dude crap makes him a "bad man" in reality he will regret doing this and not sitting out for many many year...several guys here can attest to this. I say it makes you a dumb man Aaron.

Feel mine everyday and looking at another surgery soon. That tough guy stuff is great for TV until you need a walker at 50 and he has nurse wiping his butt at 60.

Part of this I think with Rodgers wanting to play is that he has to feel he has to prove he's worth his contract he signed.

Wes Hodkiewicz @WesHod
McCarthy on Aaron Rodgers: "We're still collecting all the information on his specific situation. I know Aaron wants to play and is driven to play, but that's all I have for right now." #Packers

There won't be official word until Wednesday. It'll start leaking tomorrow.

Packer Report @PackerReport
McCarthy was planning to go with Kizer until they were returning to the field for the third quarter.

Tom Silverstein @TomSilverstein
McCarthy said there was a medical protocol that was followed that allowed Rodgers to return to the game. Said he was planning to go with Kizer until McKenzie and Rodgers told him he could play.

Michael Cohen @Michael_Cohen13
McCarthy said the coaching staff was preparing to play with DeShone Kizer in the second half. He got a chance to speak with Rodgers and McKenzie on his way back onto the field, and that's when he learned Rodgers was cleared to play. #Packers

Too many mental errors, execution wasn't good enough to start game. Bears played "half step" faster. Got to learn from those mistakes today, MM says.

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter
Packers’ HC Mike McCarthy said “no decision has been made” about whether Aaron Rodgers will play Sunday vs. the Vikings.

Injury limited MM's play-calling menu. Called only five of "first 15" plays list.

Kizer will "work a lot" at practice this week

Michael Cohen @Michael_Cohen13
McCarthy says Rodgers is walking around "in a pair of tennis shoes and socks if that helps with your story."

Feel mine everyday and looking at another surgery soon. That tough guy stuff is great for TV until you need a walker at 50 and he has nurse wiping his butt at 60.
He’ll have a nurse wiping his butt when he’s 60 because he played on a sprained knee??? Can’t imagine that...

However, I do believe he’ll have a nurse wiping his butt simply because he’s worth THAT much money!! I wouldn’t bother wiping mine either if I was was worth near that much!! ;)

In all seriousness, why did MM wait til AR got hurt before he went to the quicker rhythm passing game? Chicago couldn’t stop it. Why does he always think he needs to go for the big home run shots?? Beyond dumb. Gives defenders time to pin their ears back. Try that with Minny and Aaron will get killed.

Last edited:
44blitz, Mark,

I can attest to it too. Played through a sprain which was a partial tear, and never got surgery. Now I have to bite my lip getting in and out of cars, and even up one step. Even those at the pool are difficult.

Doctors told me surgery wouldn't help much. Live with the pain or get a new knee. At my age, learning to walk all over with a new knee wouldn't be much of a treat, so I tough it out without pain pills.

Rodgers will understand just how much of a toll it will take over the years. Mine happened nearly 60 years ago, and it's the injury that keeps on giving. Then you add arthritis to the mix with it, and you have a real party going on. It's why I'm up in the middle of the night nearly every day.

He needs to sit and get it healed.

I'm going to wait and see just what this injury is before thinking about starting or sitting him.

I'm also going to wait and see what medical and therapeutic breakthroughs are available to the ultra-wealthy like Rodgers in 15-25 years before commenting on the wisdom of him playing on a knee injury at age 35.

I'm going to wait and see just what this injury is before thinking about starting or sitting him.

I'm also going to wait and see what medical and therapeutic breakthroughs are available to the ultra-wealthy like Rodgers in 15-25 years before commenting on the wisdom of him playing on a knee injury at age 35.
To bad Mr. Miyagi is dead

Back