2024 Draft Thread

I am thinking more and more if there is the expected run on OT before GB picks and you have 4-5 OT's gone by then is it worth taking one? You are into the 2nd level of OT's by then and the talent drop off from a OT taken at 25 to one you can find in the 2nd round I think may not be a big gap.

I am thinking more and more if there is the expected run on OT before GB picks and you have 4-5 OT's gone by then is it worth taking one? You are into the 2nd level of OT's by then and the talent drop off from a OT taken at 25 to one you can find in the 2nd round I think may not be a big gap.
but by the time we draft in the 2nd round, most of those second tier ots will be gone.

High ceilings on the top 10 OT....5 of them or 6 are top tier OT. When protecting the QN is important you almost have to nab one. Bumper crop year on the OL.

I wouldn't mind a modest trade up for one of those OT if feasible.

I think their plan should revolve around how they feel about their line overall. If they think they can go into the season with a line of Walker, Jenkins, Myers, Rhyan, and Tom, then they can probably stay put and take the best guys they can get in Rds 2-4. The higher rated guys are more ready to play right away, so move up if you have to have an immediate starter.

To me guys like Guyton and Mims need more development so won't likely be able to start right away, but they have basically the same athletic abilities as the top guys and have similar ceilings. One of them will likely be there at #25. There are even guys in Rd2 that have high ceilings. Guys like Suamataia and Amagadjie could be solid or better NFL starters down the road. Some even like Rosengarten, Puni, and Fisher that way.

It's a deep group like Mark said. To me it all depends on how Gute feels about the current group and if he thinks he doesn't need a right-away starter.

I think their plan should revolve around how they feel about their line overall. If they think they can go into the season with a line of Walker, Jenkins, Myers, Rhyan, and Tom, then they can probably stay put and take the best guys they can get in Rds 2-4. The higher rated guys are more ready to play right away, so move up if you have to have an immediate starter.

To me guys like Guyton and Mims need more development so won't likely be able to start right away, but they have basically the same athletic abilities as the top guys and have similar ceilings. One of them will likely be there at #25. There are even guys in Rd2 that have high ceilings. Guys like Suamataia and Amagadjie could be solid or better NFL starters down the road. Some even like Rosengarten, Puni, and Fisher that way.

It's a deep group like Mark said. To me it all depends on how Gute feels about the current group and if he thinks he doesn't need a right-away starter.
Deep groups tend to be run on early and often. It doesn’t mean there are good guys later on, it means everyone who needs one makes it a priority to get a guy first before they’re all gone. “This guy will be there later” is a good way to miss out on everyone.

I agree that it comes down to how Gute feels about the current group - if he thinks they need more talent there then you can’t sit back and wait, he going to need to go get it either in the 1st or early second.

A bunch of players we watched in the 90s and 2000s will be having kids in this draft. Wonder were they will get drafted to and how they will end up. Usually most of the time the son never is able to live up to what their HOF dad did.

Marvin Harrison to Marvin Harrison Jr
Frank Gore to Frank Gore Jr
Jerry Rice to Brenden Rice
Ed McCaffery to Luke McCaffery
Jeremiah Trotter to Jeremiah Trotter Jr

A bunch of players we watched in the 90s and 2000s will be having kids in this draft. Wonder were they will get drafted to and how they will end up. Usually most of the time the son never is able to live up to what their HOF dad did.

Marvin Harrison to Marvin Harrison Jr
Frank Gore to Frank Gore Jr
Jerry Rice to Brenden Rice
Ed McCaffery to Luke McCaffery
Jeremiah Trotter to Jeremiah Trotter Jr
i would say that christian mccaffrey has outplayed his father. his brother dylan mccaffrey played well in college, but earned his mba and went a different direction. another brother, max, is an assistant coach for the miami dolphins. i don't know much about luke - other than his combine numbers.

Back