2023 Badger Football Thread

Only place Wolf will find a chance to start is a D2 school. He's just not that good. Only thing you question will trying fo finish your grad degree at a D2 school be as good as finishing it up at UW?

This is where you have to wonder... they named a starter before spring camp. The only guy that really has the MO to be that QB was named, rather than take this approach Wolf should have competed his butt off in spring and fall camp and proven them wrong.

To be blunt...the rotting fruit fell off the vine.

If this is indeed what happened, then I don't have a huge problem with it. I don't know the context of the statements that were made. It was made to sound like there simply was no option for competition and that seemed like a poor choice for the coaching staff to make. If that was the case, I don't like it and I'm not going to blindly accept what Fickell does any more than I was 100% in agreement with Chryst.

Keg may be correct in that the coaches gave him an accurate no-holds-barred assessment of where he stood and he didn't like that. Other than the appearance of treating players right, Wolf leaving doesn't represent any kind of loss.

In all honesty, I don't believe Wolf had a chance in hell of being the Badgers first or second string QB from the time they got two scheme fitting QBs in the fold, via the portal. I'd imagine the coaches told him he'd have a chance to compete for a spot on the roster, and in the beginning, Wolf saw it as a chance to start, and ran with that in his mind. When he realized that spot on the roster might only end up being a chart carrier, it probably sunk in that he was never going to see the field.

If he really wanted to play football, it would have to be elsewhere. It's probably something he wants to do, to at least prove to himself, he was talented enough to lead a program, whether it's DI, II, or III.

Glad we found out his heart wasn't in it early, goodbye

Source: Wisconsin assistant Gino Guidugli is expected to be the next quarterbacks coach at Notre Dame. Guidugli spent the last two years as Cincinnati’s play caller, including the CFP bid and win at Notre Dame in 2021. He’s recruited the Midwest extensively.

Glad we found out his heart wasn't in it early, goodbye

I read Gino Guidugli was going to be Bucky's Tight Ends Coach. it's not that his heart wasn't in it, he got a great opportunity.

We cannot stop people from trying to progress in their careers. Personally, I think Quarterbacks Coach at Notre Dame is a step up from Tight Ends Coach at Wisconsin.

This coaching staff has been gung ho we're going for it from day 1. It has to be strong enough to let one of its own go when they have an opportunity. If Bucky didn't wish Guidugli well, I personally believe it would be a bad sign - not a death knell, but a do as we say not as we do kind of moment.

We'll be fine and we will be better.

I'm not there, but I'll bet Luke Fickell wished him well except when we kick Notre Dame's ass. If he didn't, well I may temper my assessment. But I'm going with my original thought. Best wishes to Guidugli until Bucky lines up against Notre Dame.

I read Gino Guidugli was going to be Bucky's Tight Ends Coach. it's not that his heart wasn't in it, he got a great opportunity.
Correct, do you really think his heart was in it going from a OC/QB coach to TE coach which I might add was weird since he has zero knowledge of the position. It was a weird hire when it happened and now I know it was....

Correct, do you really think his heart was in it going from a OC/QB coach to TE coach which I might add was weird since he has zero knowledge of the position. It was a weird hire when it happened and now I know it was....
It was best that it happened when it did. It also points out that Fickell is finding guys that others want on their staffs. What you point out, joining Wisconsin was kind of a demotion from where he'd been in coaching. It was a definite move back up for him.

I'd bet a dollar to a doughnut that Fickell already has someone in mind to replace him.

It was best that it happened when it did. It also points out that Fickell is finding guys that others want on their staffs. What you point out, joining Wisconsin was kind of a demotion from where he'd been in coaching. It was a definite move back up for him.

I'd bet a dollar to a doughnut that Fickell already has someone in mind to replace him.
Mickey Turner might make most sense. He was TE coach for 7 years under PC before moved to recuriting in 2022 and joined IL state at WR coach there so if offered I can see him return to UW.

Back