2023 Badger Football Thread

The four-star tight end chose UW over Tennessee, Florida, Penn State, Iowa, Arkansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Michigan State, Iowa State, Cincinnati, and more. Stec was a priority for the previous regime and carried a relationship over to Madison with tight ends coach Gino Guidugli who was previously with the Bearcats.
He's a big enough kid. The conference he played in wasn't top shelf in Illinois. There's no way of judging how he played against top talent in HS.

But, if size, 6-6, 220#, and capable of carrying 240# easily, he could be a good catch.

He's a big enough kid. The conference he played in wasn't top shelf in Illinois. There's no way of judging how he played against top talent in HS.

But, if size, 6-6, 220#, and capable of carrying 240# easily, he could be a good catch.
Not sure how our new OC will use the TE but WI has use to like to use the TE more then WR at times

Longo did use TEs in his offense. In fact, his offense is very TE friendly.

Wisconsin has put a bow on its 2023 recruiting class, landing Chicago (Ill.) Marist defensive tackle Jamel Howard.

A former Badger commit, Howard re-opened his commitment in November following the firing of former head coach Paul Chryst. He then picked up scholarship offers from Michigan, Miami (FL), LSU, and Ole Miss, while also entertaining a prior offer from Illinois.

This kid could turn into another Benton in the middle. He has the size, but needs to work on his strength. When that comes together with the size, he's going to be ready to take on all comers in the middle.

I'm glad he recommitted. It shows how they're working the locals too. I consider the Chicago area local, within the 300 mile radius.

This kid could turn into another Benton in the middle. He has the size, but needs to work on his strength. When that comes together with the size, he's going to be ready to take on all comers in the middle.

I'm glad he recommitted. It shows how they're working the locals too. I consider the Chicago area local, within the 300 mile radius.
They got 2 kids in 24 to commit from NE WI earlier in the week.... he's working locally and nationally hard.

Back