2023-24 Milwaukee Bucks Season Thread

i'm just glad that i got a chance to see kareem and oscar robertson play together before robertson retired and kareem was traded away.
Agreed! It was awesome with them both on the floor. They also had Bobby D, and Jonny Mac! Plus, Smith, Boozer, and Lucius Allen. They were lights out! They shot over 50% from the field in their championship year, 1970-71. If there would have been a 3 point line at that point, Bridgeman, Robertson, and McGlocklin would have added an extra 10 points in total for every game. They were dead eyes from outside, and Kareem drawing double and triple teams, they had shots available all the time.

That was an awesome team.

JJ Redick callls out Doc Rivers for being a poor coach.

JJ is quite outspoken at times. Maybe a little too outspoken to some people, but he doesn't sugar coat things, and try to be Mr. Smooth when it comes to a lot of issues regarding the NBA. He is either real popular in some of their circles, or considered a total ass in others.

But, rest assured, he's going to be right there, bringing up issues as he sees them, from the perspective of an ex-player who was around the block, and had some success in the league.

As for his analysis of Rivers? I think he stated pretty much what I've felt about the guy right along. He is not a good coach, and shucks the blame for failure on everyone else. It's just who he is. It was a mistake, hiring him.

Man, the Bucks are an absolute mess now. Gannis has really screwed this team up with his crabbing about coaches.

I am not saying Griffin was the right guy but the team was playing fairly consistent and then Gannis opened his big mouth. I think Gannis has become more trouble than he is worth now. JMO.

NBA pretty much saying F every city that is not a top 10 city in the USA. Should not be shocked NBA comes out with this rule shortly after MKE said they were making a bid for a future all-star game.

NBA pretty much saying F every city that is not a top 10 city in the USA. Should not be shocked NBA comes out with this rule shortly after MKE said they were making a bid for a future all-star game.

This doesn't surprise me. The board has always been tilted in favor of big market teams in every aspect of the game. The luxury tax is an example of how it works. Large market teams can get outside seasonal sponsorship in huge numbers. In smaller markets, that's not the case. The exposure is smaller, therefore less sponsorship money.

As an example, the Bucks teamed with Motorola on uniform advertising. The Bat-wing emblem on every jersey. They pay a lot of money to have it there, but rest assured, if it was on the Boston Celtics uniform, it could possibly be worth double, or more in revenue for the Celtics, simply because of exposure on a local and national level.

Right now, the Bucks are hemorrhaging money, with the 4th highest luxury tax in the league at $49.1 million. At the top is the Golden State Warriors, who are paying out somewhere around $188 mill in tax. Bucks ownership won't let this continue, you can count on them trading away all of it before they'll continue to put more money into the coffers for a losing effort.

The last paragraph in article pretty much sums it all up.

The Bucks' poor record and slide down the standings since Rivers took over is disappointing, but at least somewhat explainable. His press tour, on the other hand, is not. In recent days he has called out his players and questioned his front office and ownership. He was brought in to steady the ship, but has done exactly the opposite.

The last paragraph in article pretty much sums it all up.

The Bucks' poor record and slide down the standings since Rivers took over is disappointing, but at least somewhat explainable. His press tour, on the other hand, is not. In recent days he has called out his players and questioned his front office and ownership. He was brought in to steady the ship, but has done exactly the opposite.

In my personal opinion, I don't think Rivers is totally wrong. I don't think the front office has done their job right for quite some time, and I'm afraid some of the players have been doing what they wanted out there, in total disregard for team defense, and unity on the floor. Sometimes it's to the point of selfish.

That said, I don't believe Rivers was the right guy to turn things around. Nick Nurse could have, because he'd take control, and wouldn't give a damned who you were, you'd be playing the game on both ends of the floor. He's never been "star struck," into believing players need to be "creative" on their own, regardless of what's best for the team.

Bad part is, Giannis is one of those players who feels entitled, and so does Lillard. Because of it, everyone else, including Middleton, are just there to carry their luggage for them. That simply is not the way a winner in the NBA plays, or is coached.

But, I've been saying all this since long before the view was even considered as a possibility. I could see the problems the first time Lillard was on the floor with the rest of the team, and how Middleton and others were shuffled over to the luggage rack to do the heavy carrying while the two "stars" played their individual games.

But, it began long before that, with Horst tweaking a roster that was ready to win it all more than the one time they did, not digging into the real cause of the problem at that point. Coaching.

What's sad is that Giannis has seemed to forget he didn't have a pot to piss in, and Herb Kohl pretty much adopted him, and his family, pulling every string possible to bring the family to the US for Giannis. Apparently that allegiance to the Bucks, and Kohl died the day Herb died. He's now the entitled child of the Bucks who has to get his way, or he's going to demand he's sent somewhere where he can be pampered.

I remember when Giannis would be interviewed, and he was modest, and talked about how the team was coalescing as a family. Now, his comments don't even come close to relating to that modesty. But, like so many super stars, and we've seen enough of them in our group, with Favre, Rodgers, and Giannis, this is often the path that starts like his has now.

In my personal opinion, I don't think Rivers is totally wrong. I don't think the front office has done their job right for quite some time, and I'm afraid some of the players have been doing what they wanted out there, in total disregard for team defense, and unity on the floor. Sometimes it's to the point of selfish.

That said, I don't believe Rivers was the right guy to turn things around. Nick Nurse could have, because he'd take control, and wouldn't give a damned who you were, you'd be playing the game on both ends of the floor. He's never been "star struck," into believing players need to be "creative" on their own, regardless of what's best for the team.

Bad part is, Giannis is one of those players who feels entitled, and so does Lillard. Because of it, everyone else, including Middleton, are just there to carry their luggage for them. That simply is not the way a winner in the NBA plays, or is coached.

But, I've been saying all this since long before the view was even considered as a possibility. I could see the problems the first time Lillard was on the floor with the rest of the team, and how Middleton and others were shuffled over to the luggage rack to do the heavy carrying while the two "stars" played their individual games.

But, it began long before that, with Horst tweaking a roster that was ready to win it all more than the one time they did, not digging into the real cause of the problem at that point. Coaching.

What's sad is that Giannis has seemed to forget he didn't have a pot to piss in, and Herb Kohl pretty much adopted him, and his family, pulling every string possible to bring the family to the US for Giannis. Apparently that allegiance to the Bucks, and Kohl died the day Herb died. He's now the entitled child of the Bucks who has to get his way, or he's going to demand he's sent somewhere where he can be pampered.

I remember when Giannis would be interviewed, and he was modest, and talked about how the team was coalescing as a family. Now, his comments don't even come close to relating to that modesty. But, like so many super stars, and we've seen enough of them in our group, with Favre, Rodgers, and Giannis, this is often the path that starts like his has now.
Money changes people when you start getting millions and become famous your view points change and being a common person is one of them.

Reactions: TW
Back