2023-24 Milwaukee Bucks Season Thread

Report Milwaukee is bidding to get the 2027 or 2028 NBA all star game. I don't think NBA will give it to them. NBA told Milwaukee build a new stadium or we take your team away. By 2027 or 2029 MKE stadium is going to be about 10 years old by then and still only trying to get a all star game then? I don't think NBA wants much to do with Milwaukee and won't be surprised if they don't get either date.
Milwaukee has always been an outsider looking in. In fact, when the deal went down to trade Alcindor/Jabbar to the Lakers, it was pretty much a decision made by the league itself. They wanted him playing in a more visible market, and those of us who were following the team closely at that time knew it, because of statements that came out of the league offices.

That's been a problem with the NBA from the start. In fairly recent times, there was the Vince Carter trade to the Nets from Toronto. The NBA wanted Carter playing for a more visible team than the Raptors, so they instigated a trade to the Nets. It was pure collusion, but they did it through back door politics, and making things difficult for the Raptors until a trade was made. If he'd been traded to the Bucks, the League would have probably nixed the deal. They've been that way for a long time.

The Raptors and Bucks are two outsiders. They always will be. Raptors because they aren't in the US, and the Bucks because they're considered too small of a market. In fact, the whole stadium deal with the Bucks, and not giving them things like the All-Star game are part of the continuous demeaning of the city itself. We'll eventually see the team move away from the area, to a larger market selected by the NBA, or the key players traded away. I'd imagine the wheels are already turning in the minds of a lot of NBA brass as to who gets Giannis after this year. It's going to be just like the Jabbar story in the end.

Sounds like outside the 3 point contests they held the rest of the skills contest they held were a joke last night with players not even trying.

It was the Bucks vs the Bucks in the all-star game East won 211-186. Neither side played any defense in the game. See Lillard won MVP of the game. Maybe this can pull his head out of his butt and he decides to start actually playing to the level MKE traded for him to be.

Lillard made a 3 from the half court stripe, with just under 7 minutes to go in a quarter. That was pure show boat, but it ignited the crowd. The problem is, the next time it happens, people are going to say; "Seen that. What's new?"

Both sides played the Bucks defense. between them they scored over 6.5 points a minute. Not a lick of defense.

Lillard made a 3 from the half court stripe, with just under 7 minutes to go in a quarter. That was pure show boat, but it ignited the crowd. The problem is, the next time it happens, people are going to say; "Seen that. What's new?"

Both sides played the Bucks defense. between them they scored over 6.5 points a minute. Not a lick of defense.
Lillard even said he was playing for MVP so he just shot to try to score points even if the shot was bad

Since late last season, the Bucks have now played under 4 different guys as their head coach. Giannis himself said they're messed up from the constant changes of objectives. That's part of the problem, no doubt about it, but the key element is that nobody since Bud has preached defense, or been able to contain the opposition, because they have a guy who admits he's out to score points, not play defense, at the point.

Not much else to say that I haven't said repeatedly. They're going to have to make some serious moves defensively for them to improve on the floor. Adding a part time player here and there hasn't done anything to improve this team. I want Holiday back, plain and simple. Dumbest trade the Bucks have ever made, in my opinion.

Since late last season, the Bucks have now played under 4 different guys as their head coach. Giannis himself said they're messed up from the constant changes of objectives. That's part of the problem, no doubt about it, but the key element is that nobody since Bud has preached defense, or been able to contain the opposition, because they have a guy who admits he's out to score points, not play defense, at the point.

Not much else to say that I haven't said repeatedly. They're going to have to make some serious moves defensively for them to improve on the floor. Adding a part time player here and there hasn't done anything to improve this team. I want Holiday back, plain and simple. Dumbest trade the Bucks have ever made, in my opinion.
Even past trading Kareem?

Even past trading Kareem?
Yes. At least they got a haul with Kareem. The players they got kept them in the thick of the race for years. The Dame trade actually destroyed the chemistry that was already good. Winters and Bridgeman became great players in Bucks uniforms. They stayed competitive.

This might shed a little light on the situation. Kareem really wanted out desperately. I can understand it, and did, at the time. Milwaukee had so far to go before it would be a city that had culture that would fit his personality, and he missed family.

Too many things were against his staying in Milwaukee. But, above all, he was honest, and out front, with the Bucks front office. He didn't make it an "issue," like we see happening way too often with players. As a season ticket holder, back in the day, I can say that some of us saw it coming. He was just so uncomfortable off the court that it was really wearing on him.

Yes. At least they got a haul with Kareem. The players they got kept them in the thick of the race for years. The Dame trade actually destroyed the chemistry that was already good. Winters and Bridgeman became great players in Bucks uniforms. They stayed competitive.
i'm just glad that i got a chance to see kareem and oscar robertson play together before robertson retired and kareem was traded away.

Back