2021 Off Season Thread

Jax and Jets have deep enough pockets to pay it if they choose to
JAX has Robinson on 2nd year of rookie deal, they have no need to spend that money.
Jets? Maybe.
But as always, is the high priced FA a good fit for your scheme you use. I can’t answer that for either.

Jax and Jets have deep enough pockets to pay it if they choose to
Jets and Jags are rebuilding teams Jags are not in market for a RB they got one. Jets got burned by Bell won't invest in a FA RB again fro a while. Plus Jets need to spend their money rebuilding there OL.

Nice article on MVS. Anyone else find the comments interesting about Rodgers, playbook, freelancing, etc.? I think it was a telling glimpse into how the offense operates. They made mention of how 2 plays are called in the huddle. If Rodgers doesn't like it, he changes it. Will go no huddle too, if he feels it necessary.

It sounds like ML has given him the reigns to operate the offense how he sees fit. It also sounds as if the narrative will be that the No.1 offensive ranking was due to Rodgers. I think MVS might have spilled the beans a little without knowing it. I was under the assumption that ML was the alpha and that his offense was to be operated a certain way but AR might still have more pull and freelancing than we were led to believe.

Nice article on MVS. Anyone else find the comments interesting about Rodgers, playbook, freelancing, etc.? I think it was a telling glimpse into how the offense operates. They made mention of how 2 plays are called in the huddle. If Rodgers doesn't like it, he changes it. Will go no huddle too, if he feels it necessary.

It sounds like ML has given him the reigns to operate the offense how he sees fit. It also sounds as if the narrative will be that the No.1 offensive ranking was due to Rodgers. I think MVS might have spilled the beans a little without knowing it. I was under the assumption that ML was the alpha and that his offense was to be operated a certain way but AR might still have more pull and freelancing than we were led to believe.
OR Rodgers really doesn't care and is still being a prick pun not intended.

i read this article yesterday and i decided not to post it here because i know some people just can't stand the idea of rodgers making decisions at the line.

i read this article yesterday and i decided not to post it here because i know some people just can't stand the idea of rodgers making decisions at the line.
At this point complaining about Rodgers running the O on the go is like complaining about the national deficit. It's not going to change, life has coalesced around it and things function fine, one day it will lead to disaster but not right now and it's really just too far gone to change anyway. Sit back and enjoy the ride.

Besides, if ML got that stubborn b*stard to buy into getting the ball out faster and handing it off more often, then it's a job well done on his part.

At this point complaining about Rodgers running the O on the go is like complaining about the national deficit.
i guess i wonder why anyone would complain about having the #1 offense in the nfl. it's the only part of the team that is functioning well.

This is where you are wrong... it's not making decisions at the line per say at all. As a coach, I call plays based on what my eyes upstairs are telling me the defense is adjusting to...things that #12 can't always see. He MUST understand that he isn't always smarter than the play-caller... to be fair the man he replaced was the worst about it and that's where he learned that bad habit. Just run the damn play, Aaron.

Also if this is true and I take this stuff with a grain of salt this time of yr then yes it's partly on the coach and front office but remember he and his friends( close teammates) disputed that it was happening at all after MM got canned and yet a current player is saying it not a former one :unsure:

i guess i wonder why anyone would complain about having the #1 offense in the nfl. it's the only part of the team that is functioning well.
God forbid we should complain and analyze the team.... you guys kill me. Chatters is still open. Ask Bud. Go rah-rah to your heart's content just don't bitch when it goes south.

This is where you are wrong... it's not making decisions at the line per say at all. As a coach, I call plays based on what my eyes upstairs are telling me the defense is adjusting to...things that #12 can't always see. He MUST understand that he isn't always smarter than the play-caller... to be fair the man he replaced was the worst about it and that's where he learned that bad habit. Just run the damn play, Aaron.

Also if this is true and I take this stuff with a grain of salt this time of yr then yes it's partly on the coach and front office but remember he and his friends( close teammates) disputed that it was happening at all after MM got canned and yet a current player is saying it not a former one :unsure:
I get all that bro. My complaints about Rodgers are about something (that I think is) different. In ancient China they called it the "Mandate of Heaven", that god blessed your dynasty, and when you lost it, your time was over. Whatever the reasons, Rodgers doesn't seem to have the Mandate of Heaven. In the biggest moments it's just not there in between the ears for him. He stops seeing the slant. He chokes on the ball and throws it away instead of running it in for a TD. I don't know what else to say about it.

But in the meantime, if it entertains me on Sundays and they move the ball and score, like rb, I can't complain too much.

Back