2021 Off Season Thread

Nice having nlf network along with a very good local radio programs here that isn't Wilde, get bits and pieces and info.

Gutey sounds like really trying to keep rb Jones mentioning possible transition or franchise tag on him.

Read all posts here and a couple of things in addition to what's been said.

The '96 team had leaders. White and Butler. But according to Ron Wolf the two mistakes he made in what he considered costed us the loss to Broncos.
1.) Wayne Simmons gone. Simmons set the tone on field and brought the attitude and nastiest needed on field.

2.) Paying Gabe Wilkins as Sean Jones replacement. Wilkins got lazy.

Current team: when current staff took over remember how they took over a team where we said the cupboard was bare and it would take a few years?

Imo they have exceeded expectations. That said am also on board w what has been said about Rodgers in big games. Seems to me he plays mvp level as long as no serious pressure from defenses but under serious pressure he turns slightly above average. We all know he had room to run and maybe score but threw instead. Similar to last game Favre played against Giants and could have ran but threw an Int.

Paying Jones is a mistake. Packers made a offer he turned it down. I am not tagging in any form. Let him test the market but tell him previous offer is still on the table. I don't know if Jones is going to find that pot of gold at the end of the rainbow this year.

I can't see BB willing to give up a 1st or even a 2nd.
Not a cap guy, so don't really know what they comp would cost Pats. But thinking has something to do w amount of money paid and/or round he was drafted in?

Paying Jones is a mistake. Packers made a offer he turned it down. I am not tagging in any form. Let him test the market but tell him previous offer is still on the table. I don't know if Jones is going to find that pot of gold at the end of the rainbow this year.
agree paying him does not make sense but I am not convinced a solid offer was made. Sure maybe parameters but that was more to gauge the market

Oh he will find the money alright. Whether that is a contender team like Bills or Colts or or not is the bigger question.

Personally I don't like tying up that kind of money in a back. Look at Elliott since the big deal and others. Then add in the durability factor and injury history.

Oh he will find the money alright. Whether that is a contender team like Bills or Colts or or not is the bigger question.

Personally I don't like tying up that kind of money in a back. Look at Elliott since the big deal and others. Then add in the durability factor and injury history.
Colts dont need a RB....I digress. Not sure he finds a big contract, I get it only takes one but if you sign Jones he better be the "missing piece"....personally I think hes over valued

Jones might get a stupid offer from the Jets or Fins, both swimming in cap space.

Colts dont need a RB....I digress. Not sure he finds a big contract, I get it only takes one but if you sign Jones he better be the "missing piece"....personally I think hes over valued
When is the last time a big, second contract for a RB worked out? They've mostly been a ball and chain.

Back