2021 Off Season Thread

I used to give Arod a lot more leeway due to poor drafting for awhile. But if you look at the last game the "MVP" led the team to zero points off of back to back INTs in the biggest game of the season.

You earn your paycheck during the year, you earn your legacy in the post season. And that legacy isn't all that.

Many on this board have pointed it out for awhile now but this team lacks leadership on the field. And that points another finger back at a certain MVP.

It's a good off-season for a lot of soul searching from every player in the roster. Regardless of how much they get paid.
The last two Packer SB winning teams had leadership, but it wasn’t on the offensive side of the ball.
We tend to think of Favre ands Rodgers as the leaders of the Packer teams that won SB’s, but they weren’t.
Reggie White was the undisputed leader of the 96’ team, and Charles Woodson was the leader of the 2010 team.

Find a person(s) with a White/Woodson leadership quality/personality, and this team just might make it back to the Big Dance.

The last two Packer SB winning teams had leadership, but it wasn’t on the offensive side of the ball.
We tend to think of Favre ands Rodgers as the leaders of the Packer teams that won SB’s, but they weren’t.
Reggie White was the undisputed leader of the 96’ team, and Charles Woodson was the leader of the 2010 team.

Find a person(s) with a White/Woodson leadership quality/personality, and this team just might make it back to the Big Dance.
I think Favre was a leader but in different ways. OL responded and respected him, he was kinda a throwback type. 100% agree on Rodgers

I think Favre was a leader but in different ways. OL responded and respected him, he was kinda a throwback type. 100% agree on Rodgers
Favre let his on field toughness speak for him when it came to leadership. Beyond that it was fairly minimal. But his toughness was greatly respected by his teammates. No doubt.
Rodgers thinks his talent is his leadership (IMO). California Cool and R-E-L-A-X only goes so far.
But when it was crunch time, or backs against the wall time and someone needed to get vocal in people’s faces, to rally the troops so-to-speak, that was White and Woodson.
You also see Brady and Mahomes doing that.

Do the Packers have anyone on the current roster who can take up that mantle, and be that guy?
I thought Z-Smith might be that guy, when they signed him. But he would rather flash whatever “cause” he’s endorsing that he has printed on his t-shirt after he makes a sack or TFL. So I don’t think he’s “that guy”.

I just don’t see that “EF Hutton” personality on this Packer team at this moment. sh))

A fit on the DL or too expensive to consider?

Panthers are releasing two-time, Pro-Bowl DT Kawann Short today, per source. Teams in the market for DT help now have another strong option.

A guy like him would be a nice option to play NT I think, but major, major red flags with two consecutive seasons missed due to shoulder injuries. Don't think you could risk much guaranteed money on that guy at all.

A guy like him would be a nice option to play NT I think, but major, major red flags with two consecutive seasons missed due to shoulder injuries. Don't think you could risk much guaranteed money on that guy at all.
Pass.
Besides, they should be watching to see if anyone better gets released into a depressed FA market when teams start shaving inventory to get under the lower cap (which is still unknown btw).
There could be a bargain or two to help the front 7 before we get to the draft.
Right now there’s a ton of hype over 2 DL who’s tires are nearly bald.
Fishing expedition to see if there’s any amateur anglers out there.

Favre was the hype guy, but there's no disputing that Reggie was THE leader of that team. And 10 years ago, I would say that Charles Woodson and Donald Driver were the leaders of that team - Aaron was too young yet to be the leader. I think AR has taken on a bit more of a leadership role as the years have gone by - he does it a bit quieter than most. But I'm not sure he's the leader type that can get his teammates fired up to play like the others mentioned.

Favre was the hype guy, but there's no disputing that Reggie was THE leader of that team. And 10 years ago, I would say that Charles Woodson and Donald Driver were the leaders of that team - Aaron was too young yet to be the leader. I think AR has taken on a bit more of a leadership role as the years have gone by - he does it a bit quieter than most. But I'm not sure he's the leader type that can get his teammates fired up to play like the others mentioned.
Agree on Reggie but I think they led in different ways. No question on Woodson, we have missed that presence since he left....Driver I never considered but good point

It seems Rodgers is not a vocal leader seems he's the guy who wants to lead by example over being a vocal leader.

Back