2015 Projected Roster

I also don't see them keeping 2 fullbacks. I think it will be 6 WR's, 3 TE's, 3 RB's and 1 FB.

I also don't see them keeping 2 fullbacks. I think it will be 6 WR's, 3 TE's, 3 RB's and 1 FB.

I can see this as even if Rip can't beat out Kuhn this year I don't see teams fighting to sign him off our PS as only a handful of teams use the FB anymore.

Rip is suppose to play special teams this first year. If he plays well on special teams, it won't matter what position He comes from. I don't see them keeping 3 TE on 53 may move Q to inactive and keep the 3rd TE designated for PS. Upon Qs return. They will keep the best 53. Seems kinda funny everyone knows Matthews will be playing inside, but list him outside

What they keep for TE's, RB's, and FB's will depend on Special Teams. The final roster spots or the guys on the bubble always come down to that.
It is not worth guessing at this point because it is always different than we all think it will be. JMO.

What they keep for TE's, RB's, and FB's will depend on Special Teams. The final roster spots or the guys on the bubble always come down to that.
It is not worth guessing at this point because it is always different than we all think it will be. JMO.

that's no fun though... this makes for conversation :D

A lot of competition this year, 4 starting jobs on the line to start camp.

-Second starting CB, to go along with how the nickel and dime will shake out. Hayward/Randall/Rollins/Goodson all have a shot for that starting spot and it should make for some great story lines through out camp and something to keep an eye on. While it's going to be a great competition. With basically 3 rookies going to be getting significant playing time, we're going to have some serious growing pains throughout the season.

4th LB-Clay/Peppers and more than likely Barrington will get the majority of the snaps, the question is how often is clay in the middle? Going to be interesting to see how quickly Ryan can pick up the D and what kind of growth we see out of Bradford. The OLB competition should be similar to what we've seen the last 3 years. Is Perry going to take the next step and is Neal anything more than a bull rusher? Really excited to see what Hubbard can do this year and hopefully he can be the first back up when clay moves to the middle.

TE competition is probably the most lackluster as far as talent. We know what we're going to get out of Quarless and now he's gong to be out to start the year. Hoping we see Rodgers progress, but his ceiling seems to be on the lower end with his lack of speed and blocking. Maybe Perrilo/Backman can be one of the gems in camps we see every year.

DE/DT competition, Daniels is the only guy to have a starting spot locked down. It will be interesting to see how the Raji/Guion battle for the starting spot and if they'll have down's where they'll kick one to DE. We could rally use some pass rush coming from one of the ends with Matthews going to ILB for solid portion snaps. It's a make it or break it camp for Jones and Thornton, would be nice if one of those guys filled that pass rushing slot at the DE.

Starting competition, but not as clear cut.

FB-KUHN! We'll see if the Pack really give Ripkowski a shot to take kuhn down. Kuhn knows the offense and is trusted protector of Rodgers. It would be nice to have an upgrade over Kuhn in run blocking.

P-Masthay really going to hit the Road? Same with the FB competition, I have a hard time seeing Mandell over throwing Masthay, but Mandell in camp so theirs a shot.

Non Starting competition

4th/5th WR-We know the big names Abby/Janis/Montgomery. Us the fans have been clamoring to see Janis and at this point it's almost folklore and I personally can't wait to see him play. Personally i'll be all but shocked if Abby can make it a fully pre season with getting injured, but his speed would be nice complement in the slot. Montgomery should have his spot all but locked up after getting taken 3rd. I think he'll come along slowly since it's really hard to see a rookie WR break through and theirs only so much time with Rodgers with all the depth at WR.

3rd Running back-With Harris gone theirs a spot open. I really liked what I saw out of Neal last year, but it seems we got some really good UDFA in Crockett and Harris.

KR/PR-I think we're pretty happy to see Harris released and the open competition for the return spots will have a lot of players in the running. Montgomery/Abby/Janis/Hyde and I still think they'll use Cobb in critical situation when we need to improve field field position. If Abby or Janis can grab this spot by the horns I think they can lock up a spot without doing to much as a WR. I also think i read either Rollins or Randall will be in the competition.

Obviously can't cover them all but we'll also see competition for the possibly 8th OL. How many CB's/S can we keep on the roster and how will that shake out.

Bubble Players-There's probably about 30 to 35 players on the roster that have their spot locked up, but I want to look at the bigger stories I haven't touched on in the review above.

Going to group Perry/Jones together. Both former first round picks who have disappointed. Perry at least has had a few games where you think he's turned the corner and all of sudden he gets hurt. Can the Pack risk a roster spot on a guy they can't count on and they'll need more this year with Clay moving out of the OLB for snaps? Jones really hasn't shown much, he'll probably benfit initially from Guion being suspended and getting the extra roster spot.

Hundley make the roster? He's a 5th round pick and above that TT traded up for him. Still with keeping possibly 6 WR's on offense and already having tough decisions to do on the back end is your 3rd QB who won't be able to contribute this year worth it?

Thornton/Bradford-We had a great draft class last year no thanks to these two. Right away Bradford at least has a chance at a starting spot at ILB, but he needs to show great progress from last year. I wouldn't say Thornton was "lucky" to get hurt last year, I think it was more someone in the packer organization going, your hammy hurts doesn't it? Oh yea coach it's killing me. Same as with Bradford will need to make great strides to make this roster, but theirs a need for what Thornton did in college on the DL.

Kuhn-spoke about the competition before, but probably the biggest "name" to be on the bubble this year. If he gets cut the casual fan will never shut up in Ripkowski doesn't play well.

Also always fun to keep an eye on the UDFA that will steal our hearts and play a big role the Pack. The one thing I do find interesting is the OLB the last 3 or 4 pre seasons. Mosses/Elliot/Mulamba and few others with big sack pre season game or games who have done nothing in the season, don't be fooled.

Then theirs going to be the guy that we're counting that will go down for the year or significant portion of time, possibly multiple. Last year we had the best health we've had the last 4 years and hopefully we'll only have 1 go down but there's always a chance they'll be more.

A unique thing that will happen this year is the final cut down to 53, is having 3 players that or likely will be suspended to start the season Jones/Quarless/Guion. Last year we had to make a tough choice in letting Rolle go, this year we'll get some extra time with 3 players to evaluate.

Lastly all eyes will be how the packers are operating. Pretty general statement, but I can't think of a better way of saying it. With MM moving from the OC to having more a pulse on all aspects of the team theirs going to be more accountability on him than ever before on the Defense and ST.

Good write up Paladium,

I think Hundley could throw 10 picks in the preseason and still make the roster, given the way Ted values a guy he picked over a street free agent. I think we carry 3.

3rd RB is a toss up because I know next to nothing about these guys. Based on hype, I hope it's Crockett, who also is a good story.

I think Kuhn survives another year and Rip is a practice squad guy.

TE terrifies me. Very disappointing we didn't sign Gresham, and as you said there is not much upside at the position. I kinda hope we only carry two and keep 6 receivers.

Nice to have a top 5 offensive line with good depth and no question marks in the starters.

If Raji is healthy I am not too concerned about DL given how often we go nickel. His career is on the line and generally you see nice results. Same for Datone.

CB scares me.

oh c'mon. tight end terrifies you? it can't possibly be any worse than last season. the only tight end that's gone is the guy who screwed up the nfcc game. otherwise we have the same lame crew we had last year and they were adequate.

now cornerback - yeah that could be scary. tramon was't what he once was, but he's still pretty tough to replace.

Yes, with our depth at WR I'm not losing sleep over our TE situation. If that is our weakest link on offense we'll be fine. I doubt we'll keep 2 FBs either and because that position isn't held in high regard elsewhere in the league we can probably expose Aaron Rip to waivers at the end of TC and place him on the practice squad - unless he really shines this summer.

tc(
oh c'mon. tight end terrifies you? it can't possibly be any worse than last season. the only tight end that's gone is the guy who screwed up the nfcc game. otherwise we have the same lame crew we had last year and they were adequate.

now cornerback - yeah that could be scary. tramon was't what he once was, but he's still pretty tough to replace.
Maybe terrifies is an overstatement but that sorry group isn't anything to brag about. Really no excuse for this team not to have a front line TE. TT has bungled this position regardless what a lot of the ggg( crowd thinks.

Back