2015 Projected Roster

packerbacker78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Reaction score
As we all know Ted rarely makes any significant personnel additions after this point. Undrafted rookies, street FAs and an occassional cut from another team. In other words what we see is what we got.

OFFENSE – 24
3-QB- Rodgers / Tolzein / Hundley
3-RB- Lacy / Starks / Crockett
1-FB - Kuhn OR Ripkowski
6-WR- Cobb / Nelson / Adams / Montgomery / Janis / Aberderis
3-TE- Rodgers / Quarless / Beckman
8-OL- Sitton/ Lang/ Bakhtiari/ Bulaga/ Linsley/ Barclay/ Tretter/ +1

DEFENSE – 26
7-DL- Daniels / JonesD / Raji / Guion / Boyd / Pennel / +1
6-OLB- Matthews / Peppers / Neal / Perry / Mulumba / Elliot
4-ILB- Barrington / Ryan / Bradford / Palmer
5-CB-Shields / Hayward / Randall / Rollins / Goodson
4-S- Burnett / Dix / Hyde / Richardson

SPECIAL TEAMS – 3
K- Crosby
P- Masthay
LS- Goode
PR- Hyde / Montgomery / Aberderis / Randall
KR- Montgomery / Aberderis / Randall

1 POSSIBLE VARIATION
DB- Banjo in place of a DL or LB.

It will be a huge disappointment if Joe Thomas doesn't make the team over Nate Palmer. Like the rest of the projected roster. I think we have a lot of good WR prospects to try to sneak onto the practice squad as well with the UDFA roster in Pinkard and Coxson. I also like as an X-factor to make our roster.

Joe Thomas is going to depend on how his knee healed etc. Crockett if given the chance is this years UDFA to watch..... also keep an eye on Javess Blue, WR Kentucky (http://247sports.com/Player/Javess-Blue-23355) he's someone that can make that 3rd pick look a little silly.

Matt Rotterham OL Pittsburgh could be this years extra OL from UDFA... swing guy who can play RT or both guard spots.

Our ST should have more speed and athleticism then last year... is our 2 deep better than last year ? Ask me in August after pre season game 2 !

Looks pretty good. I'm sure there will be one or two UFA that make a name for themselves over the summer we don't know about. Agreed hoping for good things from joe thomas.

I think its pretty cool this team has so many starting and even second string positions already locked up there are so few question marks. It seems like ST are were they are focusing the attention this year.

Ya I don't think we'll see any huge movement on the roster this year either..

Changes I make is that I think for RB it will be Lacy, Neal, Crockett. Starks really didn't have that great a year last year. Might come down to who is better blocker though.

And I think Hyde gets considered in the CB group, banjo slides into S and Goodson is the odd man out.

I could also see that 6th rounder Ringo making the DL group.

That WR group should be fun to watch in camp and pre-season.

Really hard to see how this roster takes shape until Camp. I hope the depth is better then the last two seasons though. FCC(

Looks about right. Will be a couple guys who come out of no where and make it and a couple guys who would make it will be lost to injury in camp/preseason.

I think Thornton makes the team on the dline.

It's a real chance they only keep 2 rbs in the 53 and then keep 2 more on the practice squad. With them using Cobb and maybe even Montgomery out of the backfield it's not like they would have 3 active on game day anyway.

The CB depth is a little scary. I'm sure Hyde will be there. However, the listed 3rd, 4th, and 5th corners have a combined experience of 4 yrs in college and 1 yr in the NFL and the 3rd CB was a S. Hopefully they will be good long term but I don't know about relying on them this year.

ILB still looks weak. Unlike the CBs we'll probably know early on about Ryan as he's played plenty. He looks like the last hope for an upgrade over Hawk.

They are going to score a ton of points.

The CB depth is a little scary. I'm sure Hyde will be there. However, the listed 3rd, 4th, and 5th corners have a combined experience of 4 yrs in college and 1 yr in the NFL and the 3rd CB was a S. Hopefully they will be good long term but I don't know about relying on them this year.

ILB still looks weak. Unlike the CBs we'll probably know early on about Ryan as he's played plenty. He looks like the last hope for an upgrade over Hawk.

They are going to score a ton of points.

They have to hope Randall can transition smoothly to CB. In Capers D the CB/S role is a bit skewed. The ILB position and depth is extremely weak. The play of the vets that were there was so mediocre/bad maybe they feel they can't get much worse. It's a position that has been pretty ignored in the Drafts. I think the feel Barrington will be better so that's half the equation. They probably would have loved to grab a Kendricks/Perryman, but they didn't want to use a 1st and sounded like the price was too steep to move up round 2.

Jake Ryan has to be their top option. What bothers me about him is he is not the player he was pre-ACL. He still wears a brace. He's an old school grinder type GB fans like, but I think he could really struggle.

I don't expect Crockett to beat out Neal. I thought it was interesting in looking at their draft bios on NFL.com they both carried the same 5.18 grade. Neal had a better 40 time and he's much stronger. 28 reps for Neal and only 15 for Crockett. I like the Volunteer over the Bison in that matchup.

At TE, I don't think Backman is getting the nod over Perillo. Who is going to put Backman on their active roster? I would guess he'd slide easily to the PS.

I want to see the DL grouping as well as the LB's...but the most exciting group to me is going to be WR. I wonder if Abby or Janis didn't impress last year...I know Abby was hurt, but, perhaps, he didn't put the work in and never got any stronger. He had that terrible performance on the bench and was weak as can be coming into the draft. Janis could never get on the field even with Harris underperforming on returns.

It wouldn't shock me to see TT gamble to save a roster spot by cutting Tolzien.

Back