2015 Projected Roster

Our offense when it did stall was usually within the 5 yard line even with Lacy at RB. A TE should be able to help a lot in the red zone, I could see Rodgers being that guy as he is a big guy with great hands. None of our TEs are going to consistently stretch the field. So yes I have to agree our TE need improving no question. Not terrified but color me concerned and underwhelmed about the position.

I do think people and talking heads have too much confidence in our OL depth as well. If the bookends go down your basically moving at least 1 guard to OT. I really wanted to see us invest in a mid round swing OT this year. An area I will be watching for sure.

Well we have a good run blocking G/T from PS I believe. Doubt it happens but U72 from 5 yards or less

Debating this group of TE is like watching paint dry in my opinion. Boring !! Outside of Rodgers just not much there. Dumping their best blocking/ST TE Taylor bit us in the @$$ in the playoffs so hopefully MM has learned that lesson.

Unlike a lot of people I think our DB will be ok as long as the front 7 can get pressure and not get mauled in the run game. If you can't win the point on defense you're screwed.

Really want to get the pads on and see some of these guys full speed.

Haven't read every post in this thread but see lots of thought that they can't/won't carry 2xFB and that they may expose Rip to waivers and try to PS him. I don't think so. TT used a draft pick on the guy and may see him as the heir to the position. Why chance losing him. It'd be one thing if there was a big crunch, numbers-wise on offense, but there really isn't. Without going into specific names I could see this mix of positions on offense.
3xQB - because I assume Tolzien is head and shoulders #2 and Hundley will probably be kept because he's a draft pick and MM and TT want time with him.
3xRB - pretty typical allotment. Not sure who's #3 though Neal would probably have the inside track. The 4th guy probably goes to the PS.
2xFB - I think Rip and Kuhn both make it. Heck, there was a season awhile back when TT carried 3x FB to start the season.
3xTE - not sure there is enough talent to even bother with more than 3 of them. The 3rd and 4th were mostly special team guys and Rip can probably fill that role better than the #4 TEs that are on the roster right now.
6xWR- only if TT really want to hang on to Abby to see what he got with that pick. I think Janis is #5 right now.
8xOL - TT has gone with this number several times before. Again, there just isn't much talent after the first 6-7. The 8th is probably Rotterham. Everyone after that will clear waivers and can be put on PS. I wish this were a tougher group to cut down to, but right now, I don't see more than 8 solid shots at roster spots.

That makes 25 on offense. Again, those FB and WR numbers would be a problem if the TE and OL positions were deeper, but they aren't. Those last few roster spots usually come down to a handful of guys who can play ST's and who the staff and front office want to see if they can develop.

Back