17th Game Rotation

Circadian Rhythm!!
priceless!!! LOL!!
Thanks rp!
Doesn’t it feel that way though? August college football starts, September/October is like peak football season, by November Christmas is coming, regular season done by about New Years. Hate having it all pushed back.

I just have bad opinion of unions as both my parents have been screwed by unions they were in instead of union supporting them they were supporting the management/business.

I just have bad opinion of unions as both my parents have been screwed by unions they were in instead of union supporting them they were supporting the management/business.
Unions can be good and bad. They help lift people up, but in the end, most become too powerful to control. Greed steps in.

Unions can be good and bad. They help lift people up, but in the end, most become too powerful to control. Greed steps in.
Yep. My father was with the Teamsters. Went into work one day was given a new non-union contract to sign told to sign it or he's fired and union refused to back the workers. My mother was hurt on job and ended up need shoulder surgery. Workplace was refusing to pay saying it was not nesscary and rehab was fine. Turned out she ripped the biscp off the bone. Also was tried to force into a line swtich which she refused to take. Union steward told her he won't back her and told her if she knows whats good for her she will accpet were the work place wants to put here. That's why I will never support a union and hope they all go under.

Yep. My father was with the Teamsters. Went into work one day was given a new non-union contract to sign told to sign it or he's fired and union refused to back the workers. My mother was hurt on job and ended up need shoulder surgery. Workplace was refusing to pay saying it was not nesscary and rehab was fine. Turned out she ripped the biscp off the bone. Also was tried to force into a line swtich which she refused to take. Union steward told her he won't back her and told her if she knows whats good for her she will accpet were the work place wants to put here. That's why I will never support a union and hope they all go under.

That's weak locals, where the people in charge are fearful of their own jobs. There's too damned much of that out there. They're union in name only, but have no teeth to protect their members.

Unions are about how you experience them. In my dad's case, it was probably a big reason he lived as long as he did. They found him legitimate work opportunities when his body had a harder time keeping up as a bricklayer/stone mason. They made sure he had great health insurance that took care of him while he worked and for 20+ years after he retired. As a young man he wasn't the biggest supporter of the union, but as he grew older he came to appreciate it more.

That's my only experience with a union but I'm sure some of them suck and others do their job . . . and some go too far.

Just like politics. Can't keep same ppl in office forever as the saying goes: "Absolute Power corrupts Absolutely"

Reactions: TW
Back