With Their Pick In Round 1 GB Selects Kenny Clark DT UCLA

I would be a little surprised if TT traded up for either Ragland or Jack. I think Ragland just isn't a guy he'd want to move up for if we assume the coverage issues are correct. I also don't see him moving up for a guy with Jack's medical issues. Maybe he takes one of them though if they fall to our pick.

I wonder if he isn't looking more at one of the smaller quicker "coverage" type guys like Cravens, D.Jones, Alexander, Vigil at some point in the draft.

I would not be surprised with another DT, I mean geez there are still a lot of quality guys available - Reed, Robinson, Jones, Billings, Bullard, Johnson, Ridgeway, Nassib, others? None of them would be a reach at our pick.

Actually I give this a B grade, like a lot of scouts saw his Achilles heal is he tends to get his butt beat vs top OL and also was a no show in big games. Upside is he is a clean team player that won't be hard to coach and mold.

Solid B pick.
So, two concerns right off the bat.
Was a versatile lineman in a 4-3 college defense, does he have the size to give us what we need over center in a 3-4? Pass rush is a maybe when he's outside...not a given.
And...he's a two-down player right now. Which apparently means Ragland is a reach but not this guy.
Still...not unhappy. Could be a 3/4 Mike Daniels down the road.????

Actually I give this a B grade, like a lot of scouts saw his Achilles heal is he tends to get his butt beat vs top OL and also was a no show in big games. Upside is he is a clean team player that won't be hard to coach and mold.

Solid B pick.

As I read more and more I have to agree.. Solid B.. This guy doesn't seem like someone who is going to walk in and make his mark. May never be an all pro. He's not polished per say (gets beat by higher talent) but he's a hard worker and won't cause issues in the locker room. Which is pretty much what a TT type player is. Or I thought it was till our guys on D started getting suspended for drugs. Just keep him away from Guion.

Now i'm one who holds the opinion that your first round pick should be a difference maker. Not a blue chip kind of guy who is solid but not spectacular. That's what the mid rounds are for. That being said this is pretty much how TT works. There really doesn't seem to be much of a difference between Rd 1 2 and 3.

This pick reminds of the AJ Hawk pick. Nothing sexy, flashy about it. Not a guy who will make headlines. But a solid player.

If he can give the kind of solid career with the leadership that AJ Hawk gave us then i'm all for it. Much better than taking a guy out of position and believing he can switch roles and contribute as a first rounder should.

I would not be surprised with another DT, I mean geez there are still a lot of quality guys available - Reed, Robinson, Jones, Billings, Bullard, Johnson, Ridgeway, Nassib, others? None of them would be a reach at our pick.

I was thinking the same thing, 57. Two big, powerful DL'S would do a lot to help with the ILB shortage. And then grab an ILB? It will be interesting to see how the draft plays out.

Another thing to be said in his favor: he seems to have the attitude of a run defender and a guy willing to eat blocks. He produced quite a bit last year playing that role and I don't expect the same in the pros, but for a defense that has been smoke and mirrors for a couple seasons now, he is step one in solidifying the middle of the field.

Have to admit that there was quite bit of talk about Billings and Butler that although I read one mock that had a picking Clark, I was surprised when TT chose him. From what I have read he could be a good compliment to Daniels and if Daniels kinda mentors him I think he has a lot of room to learn and grow.

For some reason I don't anticipate TT picking Ragland. Again, from what I have read he would not be a 4 down player. I sure would like to see them pick up someone who plays hard and tackles well in both the run and pass. Don't know who that would be at this point.

If memory serves we only have 1 pick tonite as well and that could take another couple of hours before TT picks.
Unless TT trades up or down Saturday at least has 4 picks in rd 4.

At least we now have something to talk about for real. pop(bouncy

This is just a meh, safe pick. Doubt he'll ever be a game changing player. He will forever be compared to those big names we passed on. Should be interesting to see how his career pans out compared to theirs.

This is just a meh, safe pick. Doubt he'll ever be a game changing player. He will forever be compared to those big names we passed on. Should be interesting to see how his career pans out compared to theirs.

If he can eat up blockers and push the line back in the QBs lap he'll be worth it.

Back