With Their Pick In Round 1 GB Selects Kenny Clark DT UCLA

Ok more I read on this kid the more I am warming to the pick.

Don't get the 'limited' upside for Clark. Everything I read says he's still improving AND he's only 20 years old right now (21 in Oct?)I think we get brainwashed by the mock simulators and mock wonks. If they were as good as they think they'd have a real job.

gp((

Seems he grew up to be a fine young man with having to deal at 9 years old with his father going to jail for murder and not having him around as he grew up.
Maurice Jones Drew did an interview with Kenny on NFL Network earlier in the morning. Clark came across as a bright thoughtful young man. I like him. Glad we got him.

Some fairly good film breakdown of Clark vs a pro style offense in Stanford.

The pick is fine. Solid player, solid guy, young and still can mold him.

Just please don't want to hear any BPA talk. Pure nose was a huge need with Raji gone and this was a need pick. Packers also seem to love Jim Moras program out there (Franklin, Jones, Hundley, now Clark) so no one should be too surprised.

I dont know enough about Butler to say if he'd be better but seems to me with the players on the board and the nature of talent in this draft it'd have been worth trading down to the early 2nd and pick up any extra mid round pick. But who's to say what offers were out there, Denver wound up jumping our spot for Lynch so that probably killed the trade talk.

The pick is fine. Solid player, solid guy, young and still can mold him.

Just please don't want to hear any BPA talk. Pure nose was a huge need with Raji gone and this was a need pick. Packers also seem to love Jim Moras program out there (Franklin, Jones, Hundley, now Clark) so no one should be too surprised.

I dont know enough about Butler to say if he'd be better but seems to me with the players on the board and the nature of talent in this draft it'd have been worth trading down to the early 2nd and pick up any extra mid round pick. But who's to say what offers were out there, Denver wound up jumping our spot for Lynch so that probably killed the trade talk.

Actually Ted said they fielded calls for trades but did get anything good enough to entice them to move.

The thing is this guy played all over the dline so he is a versatile pick but I have to believe he is the next NT.
Does his versatility leave the door open to grab Billings in the second round? The two-down players seem to be tumbling down the draft right now. Got a feeling TT might be grabbing another DT/DE in round two. Billings/Jones/Ward/Nassib?

How about the last time TT really traded way up for a LB? CMIII?
If Ragland and Jack slide a little farther will TT ball up and make a move? Our 3rd rounder could lift us to about pick 42 and our 4th rounder might get us to about 52.
A fan can dream.......

Back