Wisconsin Game Today: Wisconsin vs Eastern Michigan injury report, schedule, live Stream, TV channel and betting preview for Week 2 game

Well, that's my whole point, you've watered down the offense so certain players( it could be more than 1) can thrive in it but you give up a lot by doing so.
I'm agreeing. But, what's going on? We aren't playing 1st year freshmen.

I wasn't the greatest athlete but I wasn't a slouch. I was able to be coached to play different schemes, strategies, tactics, whatever you want to call them.

I think I'm smelling something rotten in Denmark.

Well, that's my whole point, you've watered down the offense so certain players( it could be more than 1) can thrive in it but you give up a lot by doing so.
Totally true. I've seen this happen, and had to fight falling into that trap myself, as a coach. Sometimes you're blinded by the one or two guys you have that you believe are the difference makers, but when you put too much emphasis of playing to their skills, you lose the total effectiveness of the offense.

I see Wisconsin caught up in too many of these situations. As an example is this constant running the ball between the guards on 2nd and 3rd down, even 4th down, when there's less than 2 yards to gain. They never get creative enough to force the defenses to quit stacking at the point of attack. It's almost brutal watching it, play after play.

Totally true. I've seen this happen, and had to fight falling into that trap myself, as a coach. Sometimes you're blinded by the one or two guys you have that you believe are the difference makers, but when you put too much emphasis of playing to their skills, you lose the total effectiveness of the offense.

I see Wisconsin caught up in too many of these situations. As an example is this constant running the ball between the guards on 2nd and 3rd down, even 4th down, when there's less than 2 yards to gain. They never get creative enough to force the defenses to quit stacking at the point of attack. It's almost brutal watching it, play after play.
Winner)

I'm not going to argue with you on this one. He was pushed into being an RB due to injuries at the position, and his ability to carry the ball. It had nothing to do with the innuendo you had of him not being a good WR. Simply put, the vanilla offense is death valley for any real receiver. Even Ferguson will be under-utilized.

You might read some of the coaching interviews from last year, how they wanted him at WR but they were afraid they didn't have enough good RBs without him.

But, as I said, you think anything you want, but on this one you are dead wrong! End of conversation!
I was not at spring practice, I know what this team has at WR. If he was a capable WR he would be ahead of Dunn on the depth chart and not RB3. That much I do know. What he showed in Spring and camp nobody knows. Going by a 3 year old comment by Gilmore should be taken with a grain of salt

Almost brutal?

It's like a spike being driven through my forehead - a railroad spike.

• Haha
Reactions: TW
I was not at spring practice, I know what this team has at WR. If he was a capable WR he would be ahead of Dunn on the depth chart and not RB3. That much I do know. What he showed in Spring and camp nobody knows. Going by a 3 year old comment by Gilmore should be taken with a grain of salt
I suggested you might check out interviews from this past year. I'm not going to do the research for you. It's out there, read them.

I won't spend any time on the skill positions on offense because that's been hashed out. What bothered me yesterday was the continuing mediocre o-line play. Sure they put up some numbers running the ball but for me, too many times in crucial situations EMU was able to stop the run by penetrating into the backfield and was able to generate pressure on the QB both from the inside and outside.

If EMU can make that happen with some frequency, how much more of a problem will Notre Dame, Michigan and Iowa be. I can see losses to all 3 if the o-line play doesn't pick up and become more consistent.

It was a win, but anything but impressive or dominating . . . considering the opponent.

I suggested you might check out interviews from this past year. I'm not going to do the research for you. It's out there, read them.
Appreciate that. I follow this program pretty damn close both by what I read and hear. But thanks for the suggestion

I won't spend any time on the skill positions on offense because that's been hashed out. What bothered me yesterday was the continuing mediocre o-line play. Sure they put up some numbers running the ball but for me, too many times in crucial situations EMU was able to stop the run by penetrating into the backfield and was able to generate pressure on the QB both from the inside and outside.

If EMU can make that happen with some frequency, how much more of a problem will Notre Dame, Michigan and Iowa be. I can see losses to all 3 if the o-line play doesn't pick up and become more consistent.

It was a win, but anything but impressive or dominating . . . considering the opponent.
Iowa especially based on what I’ve seen the past 2 weeks.

Based on the first two games, Bucky has a lot to do to make a bowl game

Back