Wisconsin Game Today: Wisconsin vs Eastern Michigan injury report, schedule, live Stream, TV channel and betting preview for Week 2 game

Da-news-now

RSS Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
Wisconsin Injury Report vs Eastern Michigan Week 2 The following Wisconsin players have been ruled out for the season: CB Al Ashford (arm), TE Cole Dakovich (leg), and LS Duncan McKinley (left leg). These players have been ruled out for today’s game against Eastern Michigan: LB Leo Chenal (COVID) Wisconsin vs Eastern Michigan Odds and […]

Wisconsin Game Today: Wisconsin vs Eastern Michigan injury report, schedule, live Stream, TV channel and betting preview for Week 2 game - Badger of Honor - Badger of Honor - A Wisconsin Badgers Fan Site - News, Blogs, Opinion and more.

Continue reading...

This will be a good game for UW. They'll put that loss to PSU behind them and hammer Eastern and look to start their march on the West.

I hope you're correct Budman.

I fear Bucky's strategies - coaching staff - was exposed last week. I, unfortunately, can envision Bucky making Ohio State not the big upset

I hope you're correct Budman.

I fear Bucky's strategies - coaching staff - was exposed last week. I, unfortunately, can envision Bucky making Ohio State not the big upset
I'm usually correct. I may be a prick about things but I'm usually correct along with it... rofl(

Color me unimpressed.

• Defense was great but it a Michigan directional school. That said, the intensity was there but I still have questions on the back end
  • Our 4 Star game manager did not make any major mistakes but saw nothing that makes me feel confident he can be more than what he is.
  • After the first series it was clear that whoever is calling the plays either has no concept of breaking tendencies or has no confidence in #5 in the red zone or both.

Color me unimpressed.

• Defense was great but it a Michigan directional school. That said, the intensity was there but I still have questions on the back end
  • Our 4 Star game manager did not make any major mistakes but saw nothing that makes me feel confident he can be more than what he is.
  • After the first series it was clear that whoever is calling the plays either has no concept of breaking tendencies or has no confidence in #5 in the red zone or both.

On the last point this week PC called plays for sure, saw him with the card, However not sure many folks noticed this WASN'T UW normal offense at all. They are running a modified spread look most of the time with FB as wings.

I am very familiar with the concepts but so is every DC they are going to face. I now believe that Mertz and several of the HB were struggling in UW power and pro sets to the point PC has had to modify/simplify his offense. Either that or he's a complete putz.

UW beat a MAC team as they should but they sure didn't blow them out and sputtered badly at times.

If they've lost faith in Mertz ability to throw the ball, we're in for a lot of losses this year. There's no way our running game is going to be effective enough to overcome the 8 man fronts we'll be seeing constantly.

The defense was great yesterday. But, remember, it was Eastern Michigan, and I didn't see Leonhard all that excited about the way they were playing.

If they've lost faith in Mertz ability to throw the ball, we're in for a lot of losses this year. There's no way our running game is going to be effective enough to overcome the 8 man fronts we'll be seeing constantly.

The defense was great yesterday. But, remember, it was Eastern Michigan, and I didn't see Leonhard all that excited about the way they were playing.
It’s a 8-9 win team thanks to the way the schedule plays out. The defense will keep games close. As to Mertz is a combination of him and Davis/Pryor. It’s just not going to scare many DC’s.

Didn't they say that Guerendo has good hands? He appears to be the fast guy on the team. They need to be looking at him spread out wide to stretch the field. I heard a comment by the announcers that he was disappointed that he didn't hit 24 MPH running. Was somewhere in the 23.98 area?

They have to stretch the field at times, or defenses will play them tight, and we'll all be complaining about how it's Mertz' fault, but their defense will be within 15 yards of the LOS. Someone has to get behind the defenses or we're cooked. Then, they have to trust Mertz enough to at least make intelligent throws that deep.

Back