Wisconsin Football: Jim Leonhard and this defense deserve better

Next summer Leonhard will be the most recruited DC in college football. He's going to end up climbing the ladder just like Aranda has.

Next summer Leonhard will be the most recruited DC in college football. He's going to end up climbing the ladder just like Aranda has.
Assuming that’s what he want. He’s had opportunities

Biding his time, knowing it's out there, and he can be choosy.

When Leonhard does leave, it will be as the DC/Ass't HC for a school in one of the 5 major conferences, but probably not in the Big 10. I think he'll want to avoid that so he can come back to Wisconsin down the road.

I think he has two more years at Wisconsin at the most. I think a lot of his decision making will be based on how they do this year. I doubt he'll stick around to be part of the demise of the Chryst era, if it happens.

Moving to the NFL as a DC was not in his best interests. He was wise showing no real interest in the job.
I think to get him to leave it has to be a bigger power 5 school. He won't take a bottom of the barrell power 5.

Reactions: TW
I think he does still hang around 1-2 more years at UW at least and then we see does he get UW HC job and PC retires or gets another job or does Leonhard move on

I think he does still hang around 1-2 more years at UW at least and then we see does he get UW HC job and PC retires or gets another job or does Leonhard move on
I see that turning point at 1-2 years myself. I wonder where he'd be willing to go, if not Wisconsin.

Back