Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Hold out all year

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Play and go back to his MVP form

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • No idea how this mess works out

Votes: 6 19.4%

• Total voters
ARod lite the match in saying he won't play in GB. With his ego and attitude I think he has to sit out a year unless GB trades him.
Somehow I think GB will not cave and give ARod his wish. If any thing as to let him dictate terms. ARod will be then 38 and sitting out a year of playing. Good luck with that. Really eager to see the team that unloads money for him then.
Not everyone is a Tom Brady.

lol how about Julio Jones and draft choices for ARod and throw in St Brown or another.
Maybe even Bottles for Matt Ryan...that's the ticket. lol

Might be a way to work this out.

Not sure I agree with this part. That is that Gute is a good talent evaluator. This part agree with, that he is bad as a GM and communication.

Though I think the problem starts with Murphy, Gute is the fall guy here. And while he might be good at talent, he's not great.

Losing Rodgers will have more fall out then just him. Adams will likely leave and if tagged could hold out for a trade. And then what other players follow that route?

Then what about ML? He wants Rodgers and there has been other player(s) he wanted that the team cut. Parcels left Pats because of these issues. So could it ML do the same down the road?

Answer: Get rid of Gute, hire a true GM and get Murphy out of the football side of things. In other words return to the power structure that has worked since Wolf originally took over.

Since most believe this isn't about money, let Rodgers prove that and help the team help him and get Julio Jones. MVS is a number 3 WR imo.

Will any of this happen? Highly doubt it. :(

Not sure I agree with this part. That is that Gute is a good talent evaluator. This part agree with, that he is bad as a GM and communication.

Though I think the problem starts with Murphy, Gute is the fall guy here. And while he might be good at talent, he's not great.

Losing Rodgers will have more fall out then just him. Adams will likely leave and if tagged could hold out for a trade. And then what other players follow that route?

Then what about ML? He wants Rodgers and there has been other player(s) he wanted that the team cut. Parcels left Pats because of these issues. So could it ML do the same down the road?

Answer: Get rid of Gute, hire a true GM and get Murphy out of the football side of things. In other words return to the power structure that has worked since Wolf originally took over.

Since most believe this isn't about money, let Rodgers prove that and help the team help him and get Julio Jones. MVS is a number 3 WR imo.

Murphy hired Gute. Gute does what Murphy tells him to do. Murphy won't fire his hand picked GM that takes orders from him. Why do you think Gute was hire? Because he would go along with the he reports to Gute and does not have final say power. The BOD will never fire Murphy either as he brings in $$ and keeps the coffers full the BOD is happy happy happy.

No it’s not happening. None of it. Murphy is the one who brought the structure. Jones does not fit financially. Carry on

You forget the board approved the new structure. Rodgers is NOT the team. He can get traded, sit and pout or play. Outside of that, no further changes will be made.

Also remember; this wasn’t said in public, but in the same way TT came on board in 2005 with the goal of moving in from Favre, Gute got hired for the job with the same mandate for Rodgers. It’s a thing they knew was going to happen during his tenure. He’s not going to get fired mid-stream just because it’s not pretty. He will get fired if his moves to keep the team competitive and winning don’t work out but that’s after the fact. Everyone in the org knew this was coming, and it’s not something you can plan out like paint by numbers.

Also remember; this wasn’t said in public, but in the same way TT came on board in 2005 with the goal of moving in from Favre, Gute got hired for the job with the same mandate for Rodgers. It’s a thing they knew was going to happen during his tenure. He’s not going to get fired mid-stream just because it’s not pretty. He will get fired if his moves to keep the team competitive and winning don’t work out but that’s after the fact. Everyone in the org knew this was coming, and it’s not something you can plan out like paint by numbers.
true, but the way it was executed was foolhardy from the beginning. first they sign rodgers to a huge contract extension, and then just a few months later they draft his replacement. they created their own mess.

If Rodgers does decide to sit out, doesn't his contract remain intact, except the whole thing moves back a year?

Back