Rodgers Wants Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do think he respects history. I’m not sticking up for the guy at all.
Not my point and I agree, he may very well respect the history but my point is that he knows the importance of weaving that history into his narrative. Big difference.

well, he will be a first ballot hall of fame inductee. and he earned that while playing qb for the packers. he should be associated with the packers legends.
Again, not my point. See above. He definitely is what you said. And he should be regarded as such but he is very particular on how he is weaving that history with his. He doesn't need to, because he is a legend but nevertheless, he feels he needs to do that. Just my opinion and observations.

Last edited:
So teams that might call on Rodgers?

Denver, Vegas, Miami, Washington, Giants, Philly, NOLA?

The economics don't work much better after 6/1. Everyone knew that his 2018 contract made him unmoveable before 2022, and the impact of covid with the reduced cap made it not just bad business but suicide. They can't move him in current form. It's why I still think by hook or by crook, however Rodgers is ultimately willing to accept his 2021 jollies (more money, public flogging of the org, or both), he will play out the year with them.
Can you after what was/has been said afford to keep him in your organization and team? It's poison. I don't think you can succeed this way.

It's moving beyond $ or what he wants.

Can you after what was/has been said afford to keep him in your organization and team? It's poison. I don't think you can succeed this way.

This... there is no way you let that back into your locker room. Not worth it for basically a one year rental.

What a golden opportunity for Love to step up and take the reigns.

This... there is no way you let that back into your locker room. Not worth it for basically a one year rental.

What a golden opportunity for Love to step up and take the reigns.
I feel sorry for Love. The kid is in a near no win situation. Many will have it against him through no fault of his own that he's replacing Rodgers. Other's will hold it against him if he does not come out and have a great year and at least make a trip to the playoffs. Only way this kid can win is if he does play at a MVP level and leads the team to a conference or Super Bowl.

So yeah, this is a really good point.

I think this was the issue with Sitton, honestly. Sitton IS a leader. He WAS a leader. A disgruntled leader leads to disgruntled followers. They decided to get him out sooner rather than later.

Already we're seeing some disgruntled followers of Rodgers with Adams and Amos tweets. So I get it.

BUT, if you're the organization, you CAN use this. Now that Rodgers has publicly said it's a people and culture issue, you come up with some ways that you more acutely honor the humanity of the players on the team. Now fortunately, I think the Packers' org does a good job of this on the whole. The team is full of good people and friendships and last year's team had all-time chemistry.

What changes can you make without undermining structure, will those changes appease Rodgers ?? A lot of questions.

It's a very good point and an excellent question. If Tyler Dunne is to be believed, the org allowed the QB to openly, brazenly and repeatedly mock the HC to his face and to such an extent that teammates joined in. They are obviously willing to put up with a lot of petulant shit from him. I don't know if this is a bridge too far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back