Rodgers Wants Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
So yeah, this is a really good point.

I think this was the issue with Sitton, honestly. Sitton IS a leader. He WAS a leader. A disgruntled leader leads to disgruntled followers. They decided to get him out sooner rather than later.

Already we're seeing some disgruntled followers of Rodgers with Adams and Amos tweets. So I get it.

BUT, if you're the organization, you CAN use this. Now that Rodgers has publicly said it's a people and culture issue, you come up with some ways that you more acutely honor the humanity of the players on the team. Now fortunately, I think the Packers' org does a good job of this on the whole. The team is full of good people and friendships and last year's team had all-time chemistry.

What changes can you make without undermining structure, will those changes appease Rodgers ?? A lot of questions.
The organization does a good job publicly but not so sure it does a great job internally. Brandt has mentioned it countless times that people skills are not their strong suit. Same with players, outside appearance is not always what lurks inside. Nothing can appease this guy short of letting him leave on his terms.

It's a very good point and an excellent question. If Tyler Dunne is to be believed, the org allowed the QB to openly, brazenly and repeatedly mock the HC to his face and to such an extent that teammates joined in. They are obviously willing to put up with a lot of petulant shit from him. I don't know if this is a bridge too far.

I found that kind of childish, to be honest. I know how locker rooms can get, all the ribbing and jokes and stuff but I can't believe MM appreciated that, repeatedly.

The organization does a good job publicly but not so sure it does a great job internally. Brandt has mentioned it countless times that people skills are not their strong suit. Same with players, outside appearance is not always what lurks inside. Nothing can appease this guy short of letting him leave on his terms.
Agreed. Brandt has given us some insight to the FO and they aren't squeaky clean in any of this.

Well if one of those other teams offers more then Denver or Vegas offers Rodgers can then report or retire.
not the point, its also economics

NY $4.4 in cap space
Miami $8.7m
WASH $20m

this is not fantasy football

Question how does this effect team going forward to current players and free agents seeing ok they would not give the star MVP QB what he wanted do I want to stay/go to Green Bay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back