Rodgers Wants Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
And that perception will last until the next news cycle hits. No matter what he would have said people would have taken sides just like the Favre debacle
I think had he just shut his mouth played this year and then after 2021 the Packers are shopping him then he was like hey I wanted to stay but GB decided to move on then I think more people are on side of Rodgers. Him doing this acting like a spoiled brat in how he's trying to exit I think has turned more people against him.

I think had he just shut his mouth played this year and then after 2021 the Packers are shopping him then he was like hey I wanted to stay but GB decided to move on then I think more people are on side of Rodgers. Him doing this acting like a spoiled brat in how he's trying to exit I think has turned more people against him.
I think there is some truth to that. On the flip side I don't think Arod is losing any sleep over it.

Honestly I don’t give a rats ass what fans think or what side they took. And I don’t think he cares either. What I care about is hopefully the organization does what best for the franchise short term and long term.

He mentioned Holmgren, for whom he never played, and Reggie White, who was dead before Rodgers was drafted, but couldn't name drop Ted Thompson, who drafted him, moved on from Favre and built a SB team around him? Talk about calculated...
He mentioned Curley too, and for the life of me I can’t ever remember one of the 3 Stooges ever playing for the Packers.
(Sarcasm)

What his comments last night also confirmed in my mind is that Dunn’s trip to GB had zero to do with money. It’s was about Rodgers wish to go out on his terms and if that’s not in the cards we want a trade. He was told in no uncertain terms no, neither are happening.

Question is now what can you expect in return? I think any team that trades for Rodgers will have to give him a new contract which could result in less comp coming back. I know a lot of talk has been 2 1st plus other picks and players but I just think it's going to be less. I am thinking 1st round a 3rd round and a midlevel player on rookie deal.

Question is now what can you expect in return? I think any team that trades for Rodgers will have to give him a new contract which could result in less comp coming back. I know a lot of talk has been 2 1st plus other picks and players but I just think it's going to be less. I am thinking 1st round a 3rd round and a midlevel player on rookie deal.
I’m not convinced a new deal is necessary unless it’s for some other teams cap purposes. Ultimately money is not the deal maker or deal breaker here. It’s the ability to go out on his terms. That might require another restructure in 1-2 years but that’s more semantics than anything

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back