Rodgers Wants Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I am an outlier here but none of this stuff bothers me in the least. Sports is a business, both pro and college. Athletes make decisions for different reasons. Money is a primary reason, some make a decision to play somewhere because of lifestyle, some to play with guys they like. Rarely they make a business decision because of fans. And to me sports is entertainment nothing more nothing less

Maybe I am an outlier here but none of this stuff bothers me in the least. Sports is a business, both pro and college. Athletes make decisions for different reasons. Money is a primary reason, some make a decision to play somewhere because of lifestyle, some to play with guys they like. Rarely they make a business decision because of fans. And to me sports is entertainment nothing more nothing less
I'm in the same boat. Felt this way for at least the last 5 years or more. Had to divest a little since it really doesn't matter what I think or want for the team. They were here long before me and will be here long after me.

I'm in the same boat. Felt this way for at least the last 5 years or more. Had to divest a little since it really doesn't matter what I think or want for the team. They were here long before me and will be here long after me.
It's all about context. Bradys decision was about family, you think how fans cared was at the top of his list? You think Ben was thinking let's play one more year for the fans? Simple answer to both questions, no.

Is Rodgers a narrsassit? Hell yes. Is he annoying hell yes. Does it stop me from watching his Zen ass play each week no.

It's all about context. Bradys decision was about family, you think how fans cared was at the top of his list? You think Ben was thinking let's play one more year for the fans? Simple answer to both questions, no.

Is Rodgers a narrsassit? Hell yes. Is he annoying hell yes. Does it stop me from watching his Zen ass play each week no.
For me it does. It's all entertainment sure. But that's why the league sucks. It's not about the game and the team anymore.. but I guess that's the DA era we live in.

For me it does. It's all entertainment sure. But that's why the league sucks. It's not about the game and the team anymore.. but I guess that's the DA era we live in.
Hasn't been for decades. It's a business plain and simple from ownership down to players. The examples are endless.

I get that it's a business. Romantically, I wish it wasn't, but it is and always has been.

I'm just hoping that the Packers front office treats our Rodgers situation like a business and makes the best possible deal - and, I'm hoping they make the moves to get as much football player capital as possible. I think we're screwed financially either way.

I get that it's a business. Romantically, I wish it wasn't, but it is and always has been.

I'm just hoping that the Packers front office treats our Rodgers situation like a business and makes the best possible deal - and, I'm hoping they make the moves to get as much football player capital as possible. I think we're screwed financially either way.
Assuming hes not walking yes.

Gute more or less confirmed that they hired Clements because Rodgers wanted him.

On the one hand, gross. On the other, if you're going to hire people that Rodgers wants, it's probably better that they don't count against the salary cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back