Rodgers Wants Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
But that's why I posed the question.

Isn't "getting paid" as to how he values himself part of the "business side"?
he's not the highest paid qb in the league. and every year that goes by, he's farther from the top as guys like dak prescott get better deals. and everyone likes to talk about the great "deal" that tom brady gave the bucs, but the fact is, he's being paid $50 million for one year. they had to spread it out over five years to afford it, but they only get one year of his services. plus there are almost $8 million in incentives. and yet, the bucs managed to re-sign every single player. they didn't lose anyone in free agency.

good quarterbacks are overvalued. great quarterbacks are very overvalued.

What I don't understand then is that if he so despises the business side of the equation, then why is it so necessary for him to be paid such an insane amount of money that it handicaps the teams ability to keep players that he cares for, and/or sign FA players he would have liked to see in GB?

To me, getting paid AND personnel decisions are all part of the "business side" that he supposedly despises. sh))
The pay is only a part of the “business of football “. It’s also the restrictions that go with it. Like sign a 5 year deal but then find out your a “cap casualty” after 2, or the franchise tag. Like it or not sports are a business and I can tell you that he’s not the only one who despises the business side. Most just tolerate it because they have no choice.

Because it's ego to him being paid as the highest paid or among the highest paid proves his worth and when he's not paid like that to him it says he's not being valued like he should. like 99% of players all they care about is how many zero's is on their check not how many rings on their finger.

I can understand when starting out you want to get paid but when you have 9 figures in your bank account I would want a legacy and that it would mean more if I had multiple rings on my finger.
Every damn player in the league has an ego. But the size varies. And to most players legacy is an afterthought. Players know their careers are short. They want the coin.

he's not the highest paid qb in the league. and every year that goes by, he's farther from the top as guys like dak prescott get better deals. and everyone likes to talk about the great "deal" that tom brady gave the bucs, but the fact is, he's being paid $50 million for one year. they had to spread it out over five years to afford it, but they only get one year of his services. plus there are almost $8 million in incentives. and yet, the bucs managed to re-sign every single player. they didn't lose anyone in free agency.

good quarterbacks are overvalued. great quarterbacks are very overvalued.
That gets back to the business side. The only people who care about “total value “ of a contract is agents. Players only care about guaranteed at signing.

Every damn player in the league has an ego. But the size varies. And to most players legacy is an afterthought. Players know their careers are short. They want the coin.
But still when you have enough money that your great grandkids are set for life don't you also want a legacy also? At some point when do you have enough money?

But still when you have enough money that your great grandkids are set for life don't you also want a legacy also? At some point when do you have enough money?
Some do most don’t. And to most players you never have enough money. It’s why many play late in their careers to cash a check and they don’t leave money on the table as a goodwill gesture

Some do most don’t. And to most players you never have enough money. It’s why many play late in their careers to cash a check and they don’t leave money on the table as a goodwill gesture
Just to me at some point if I have millions and millions in the bank I want ring(s) to leave my family to have also to remember my playing career by.

Murphy when hired was hired to run the business side of the team as Harlen never stuck his nose into running the team. Murphy ego makes him think he can act like any other owner of the team and help make personal choices. That too often has messed up teams.

Murphy when hired was hired to run the business side of the team as Harlen never stuck his nose into running the team. Murphy ego makes him think he can act like any other owner of the team and help make personal choices. That too often has messed up teams.

When he first started here you never heard from him, which was perfect. Now he is so vocal. The guy thinks he's Jerry Jones. Speaking publicly about the Rodgers situation. He has no tact whatsoever. Just a moron.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back