Rodgers Wants Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Logic would tell us that but this whole debacle has been without logic on both sides. I just don’t think he cares as much about legacy as we think. Maybe 2-3 years ago but sometimes life changes people.

I mentioned it earlier, Rodgers loves the competition, loves fans, loves the history of the game. He hates and despises the business of football. Not sure what wins out
I agree with you to a point.... he has a fairly big ego though.

...all to leave a team that has the talent to contend for a title the next few years if he would just STFU and play.
i doubt any of this would have happened if he felt confident they would let him stay and "contend for a title the next few years". that was never going to happen after the jordan love pick.

i doubt any of this would have happened if he felt confident they would let him stay and "contend for a title the next few years". that was never going to happen after the jordan love pick.
Thing is without the Jordan Love pick does Rodgers win a MVP? I think the Love pick put one of those famous chips on Rodgers shoulder and he picked his game up last year to the MVP level we saw.

Yes he does, no debate there. Just don’t know what drives him now.
You've said it before. What drives him nownis wanting to go out on his timeline under his conditions. And that he won't just get kicked to the curb like Favre.

You've said it before. What drives him nownis wanting to go out on his timeline under his conditions. And that he won't just get kicked to the curb like Favre.
True. Yes I did say that but in this context I was more speculating about his despise for the business of football compared to the game itself. I think deep down he loves the game, the competition, fans and the attention. But he loathes the business side. So much so that does it get him to say F it I’m done. I don’t need it anymore

True. Yes I did say that but in this context I was more speculating about his despise for the business of football compared to the game itself. I think deep down he loves the game, the competition, fans and the attention. But he loathes the business side. So much so that does it get him to say F it I’m done. I don’t need it anymore

What I don't understand then is that if he so despises the business side of the equation, then why is it so necessary for him to be paid such an insane amount of money that it handicaps the teams ability to keep players that he cares for, and/or sign FA players he would have liked to see in GB?

To me, getting paid AND personnel decisions are all part of the "business side" that he supposedly despises. sh))

What I don't understand then is that if he so despises the business side of the equation, then why is it so necessary for him to be paid such an insane amount of money that it handicaps the teams ability to keep players that he cares for, and/or sign FA players he would have liked to see in GB?

To me, getting paid AND personnel decisions are all part of the "business side" that he supposedly despises. sh))
Because it's ego to him being paid as the highest paid or among the highest paid proves his worth and when he's not paid like that to him it says he's not being valued like he should. like 99% of players all they care about is how many zero's is on their check not how many rings on their finger.

I can understand when starting out you want to get paid but when you have 9 figures in your bank account I would want a legacy and that it would mean more if I had multiple rings on my finger.

Because it's ego to him being paid as the highest paid or among the highest paid proves his worth and when he's not paid like that to him it says he's not being valued like he should. like 99% of players all they care about is how many zero's is on their check not how many rings on their finger.

I can understand when starting out you want to get paid but when you have 9 figures in your bank account I would want a legacy and that it would mean more if I had multiple rings on my finger.

But that's why I posed the question.

Isn't "getting paid" as to how he values himself part of the "business side"?
And, if so, then he must not really despise the "business side".

And, I realize that "controlling the timeline" is also part of the business side, but when all those elements are part of the business side, you can't just pick and choose what you like or don't like. It's all part of the package, and you should have a healthy understanding of that before you ever enter into the profession. tc(

But that's why I posed the question.

Isn't "getting paid" as to how he values himself part of the "business side"?
And, if so, then he must not really despise the "business side".

And, I realize that "controlling the timeline" is also part of the business side, but when all those elements are part of the business side, you can't just pick and choose what you like or don't like. It's all part of the package, and you should have a healthy understanding of that before you ever enter into the profession. tc(
Though when you become a mega star like Rodgers you get treated different then the average player does and you think and often are given the right to have your cake and eat it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back