Rodgers Wants Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look, there is no question that Gute and Murphy and MLF probably could have engaged Rodgers more around the Jordan Love pick but let’s not kid ourselves.

Rodgers is a diva and as sensitive and passive aggressive as they get. Other than promising to never draft a QB under his watch I’m not sure Rodgers would have accepted any other answer. So he puts the cryptic “beautiful mystery” bullshit out there and has his camp float he’s unhappy instead of being a man and coming out and doing it himself. He might be a great football player, but he’s a fing coward. And he thinks he can hold a gun to the Packers head? Good luck with that.

He’s all out of options. He can stomp his feet and pout but the Packers hold most if not all of the cards. If he doesn’t show up for camp he’s getting fined. If he sits out he loses accrued time toward free agency. If he retires he looks like a spoiled brat quitter and GB still holds his rights.

The best part about all of this is Rodgers fancies himself as the smartest guy in the room. Guess what? This ain’t the NBA or MLB. Players are pawns given their ability to force moves. For a guy that been so strategic about crafting a certain common person image to endear himself to the fans, he burned that house down in 2 hours Thursday afternoon.

I can’t speak for the offseason stuff, but I think the Packers are going to come out on top here just like they did with Brent. Everything Gute is saying is correct and if they truly cannot recover from this then they will get a massive haul back in return either next spring or after June 1. Meanwhile, Rodgers thinks he can be more successful in Las Vegas or Denver? That’s laughable.
I don’t think they came out on top with Favre. They balked at a Tampa trade because Thompson could not stomach the fact he had to play him again. They got a 4th round pick which was well meh.

I agree with you on the rest actually but do think that Rodgers is a smart dude and calculating. David Dunn is not a dumb dude either. To think they don’t know the market is naive. In theory they don’t have to “ask permission” to work a trade. It’s a slippery slope but can be navigated. You dont get into this pissing match if you don’t have an exit plan that’s not giving back cash. I don’t think “Camp Rodgers” is that stupid

Questions I keep asking, but can't make sense of:

Yes, he is pissed about drafting Love, but if he was that upset, why did he play last year and not draw the line then?

Wants to retire? Now he has a hot and famous fiancé, house in CA, chance to be Jeopardy host, so I can understand. Then just retire dude.

Why did this fully break on the eve of the draft? Yes, there were hints he was upset, but the Schefter article couldn't have been "just learned". If he was trying to force a trade before the draft, wouldn't this article have come out a few days/weeks earlier?

Contract extension? Packers offered him one I believe. I wonder if he would like another $10m/yr which will guarantee they are going to lose guys next year (Adams/Jaire)

Seriously, he is upset that team drafted a player that plays the same position as he does after two years of slight decline without telling him and he doesn't want to play for them anymore? I know athletes are spoiled, but grow up. If he is upset with anyone it should be with his agent that had him sign a contract where the Packers hold the most of the cards.
Im not buying there was an serious contract talks actually. The Jeopardy thing is a pipe dream. Rodgers has s fragile ego. That we all know. As to last year. He had less leverage on many levels

This may be the end solution right here, sadly.
BOD though are businssmen/women they most likely will only care about how much profit GB made in the year and won't make a move to fire Murphy. When was the last time the BOD did fire a team president? Harlen stayed until he retired. Jones was out because of health and Murphy most likely gets to stay until he retires. Did president before Harlen get axed or retire?

BOD though are businssmen/women they most likely will only care about how much profit GB made in the year and won't make a move to fire Murphy. When was the last time the BOD did fire a team president? Harlen stayed until he retired. Jones was out because of health and Murphy most likely gets to stay until he retires. Did president before Harlen get axed or retire?
retired

honestly, i don't think it is the fact that they drafted a qb last year that pissed rodgers off. if they had drafted a qb in the second or third round, i don't think we would see this. i think it was the fact that the packers used two of their top four picks to draft a qb, and the other two picks to draft positions where they didn't need help. it was a horrible draft and it showed a great disrespect for the qb and the head coach, and disregard for the betterment of the team.

honestly, i don't think it is the fact that they drafted a qb last year that pissed rodgers off. if they had drafted a qb in the second or third round, i don't think we would see this. i think it was the fact that the packers used two of their top four picks to draft a qb, and the other two picks to draft positions where they didn't need help. it was a horrible draft and it showed a great disrespect for the qb and the head coach, and disregard for the betterment of the team.
If one draft is enough to piss him off he’s more of an ass than i thought. Sorry

If one draft is enough to piss him off he’s more of an ass than i thought. Sorry
I do think the last draft was the tiping point for AR. I think he expected the Packers to do one thing and then did another without telling him and that was the straw that broke the camel's back as they say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back