Rodgers Wants Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
There isn't a win for anyone in this entire scenario. At least, if he decides to quit the game, you get to free up money that would have been paid in salary. It's like having a bad tooth. You can do everything you can to keep the pain down, but in the end, the easiest way to get it taken care of is to absorb the pain when it's pulled, and move on.

The same applies with Rodgers at this time. He just plain doesn't want to play in GB, and there's no way in hell I'd want him back as a teammate either, if I was a Packer. He's already abandoned them, and as far as the brass, they deserve to be roasted for their stupidity over the years, which includes wasting a lot of years of Rodgers career, through inept decisions.

Personally, as much as I like Rodgers' play, the door won't hit him in the ass on the way out. It's still just a business.

i sort of agree, and sort of disagree. i think that sports illustrated article that i posted has some valid points. the times they are a-changin. star players have more say in how the team is run. i think the analogy with lebron james was pretty accurate. and if you look at the bucs you see that tom brady made three requests to add players and all three of them were immediately granted. it matter not whether those three players were the key ingredients to the path to the lombardi trophy. what matters is that they kept the star qb happy.
The one difference is would Brady put on a pitty party if he does not get Gronk or AB? Doubtful. The National media does a nice job of framing the “12 gets no help narrative” when in fact he got his undies in a wad because they drafted his successor. Would he have been hell bent if they would have drafted a CB or LB or DL. Probably not because that would not have hurt his fragile ego. Just look at his Jeopardy question about kicking the field goal. Maybe the question should have been why did you wet the bed after the defense gave you the ball 3x or run ball in or actually find the open WR breaking open for an easy score. Accountability

There isn't a win for anyone in this entire scenario. At least, if he decides to quit the game, you get to free up money that would have been paid in salary. It's like having a bad tooth. You can do everything you can to keep the pain down, but in the end, the easiest way to get it taken care of is to absorb the pain when it's pulled, and move on.

The same applies with Rodgers at this time. He just plain doesn't want to play in GB, and there's no way in hell I'd want him back as a teammate either, if I was a Packer. He's already abandoned them, and as far as the brass, they deserve to be roasted for their stupidity over the years, which includes wasting a lot of years of Rodgers career, through inept decisions.

Personally, as much as I like Rodgers' play, the door won't hit him in the ass on the way out. It's still just a business.
Sure he give back the cash but as an organization you let an MVP walk with no compensation and that’s malpractice. The cash still does not wipe out all the dead cap space. I agree nobody wins in this but as an organization it’s a business and you have to get assets back to fill the void.

I remember just recently Bucks fans with the “if Giannis is not signing you have to trade him and not let him walk for nothing”. While not apples to apples it’s a valid comparison. The last thing you want now is a distraction and if you don’t cut bait that’s what your going to have for the next 6 months and the divorce gets uglier

TMZ is NOT a source I care for us to use here..... pure trash
okay, i agree 100% - a pure trash media outlet. however, does that override the fact that there is an actual video of marcedes lewis saying the exact things that are quoted in the article?

edit: i can't seem to get the link to the video to appear

Sure he give back the cash but as an organization you let an MVP walk with no compensation and that’s malpractice. The cash still does not wipe out all the dead cap space. I agree nobody wins in this but as an organization it’s a business and you have to get assets back to fill the void.

I remember just recently Bucks fans with the “if Giannis is not signing you have to trade him and not let him walk for nothing”. While not apples to apples it’s a valid comparison. The last thing you want now is a distraction and if you don’t cut bait that’s what your going to have for the next 6 months and the divorce gets uglier
the difference is that Rodgers is not walking away to a different team for nothing, he's walking away from football.

the difference is that Rodgers is not walking away to a different team for nothing, he's walking away from football.
I get that. But it’s on management to get assets especially for an MVP @ a premium position. I think there will be a deal to be made

I get that. But it’s on management to get assets especially for an MVP @ a premium position. I think there will be a deal to be made
But you also just say ok because he's going to leave give him away for nothing. As I said in shout if the offer in return is so little you then let him retire and take the cap credit instead. $26.2 million in 2021 and $36.5 million in 2022 could be better then a late day 2 pick back. If I can't get a 1st round back at least I say call Rodgers bluff on him retiring.

Im not certain there's going to be one good enough for the Packers. If you are John Elway, and you know the team needs to deal Rodgers, and you know you're the only game in town... how much are you really offering? You have to throw a ton of new cash at him as well. If you're the Packers you can't trade the MVP for peanuts and crackerjacks and a tittle toy prize. Favre went for a 4th or whatever it was, but by that point GB knew what it had in Rodgers and just needed to get him out the door. Not the case now with Love.

But you also just say ok because he's going to leave give him away for nothing. As I said in shout if the offer in return is so little you then let him retire and take the cap credit instead. $26.2 million in 2021 and $36.5 million in 2022 could be better then a late day 2 pick back. If I can't get a 1st round back at least I say call Rodgers bluff on him retiring.
I disagree. This is so much more than draft picks and cap space. If you want this organization to have the perception that it plays hard ball with elite players fine i don’t. This organization had that similar perception pre Wolf and Holmgren and look how players perceived the organization then

I disagree. This is so much more than draft picks and cap space. If you want this organization to have the perception that it plays hard ball with elite players fine i don’t. This organization had that similar perception pre Wolf and Holmgren and look how players perceived the organization then
I guarantee you there are other GM's calling Gute saying hold the line don't fold because you allow Rodgers to do it other players all over the league will follow. Who cares about what player perception is 90% of them will take the biggest paycheck in FA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back