Rodgers Wants Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
as mark said, the other players have been virtually silent. hypothetical question: what happens if the stars of the team start speaking up, and they agree with rodgers? i mean it's obvious what happens if they disagree with rodgers, but what happens if the majority of the starters agree with him?

as mark said, the other players have been virtually silent. hypothetical question: what happens if the stars of the team start speaking up, and they agree with rodgers? i mean it's obvious what happens if they disagree with rodgers, but what happens if the majority of the starters agree with him?
Then you have a bigger labor dispute.... aka a personal problem. To me when those guys start talking they then one way or another you have to take action.

What Pack said earlier was 100% correct in that most times the correct way to deal with it is cut bait....and yes that includes your star employees. You set a line in your work culture and then you hold it.... if you don't and you allow someone to undermine it then you are really screwed.

The org isn't strong-arming him, they've bent over backwards to accommodate him. His job is not in jeopardy. Sure they drafted his replacement. Guess what? He destroyed the presumption that he needed replacing with his performance last season. He apparently rejected their attempt to give him more money. Why can't he just accept the win? The general consensus view Im seeing and hearing is, What the heck is Rodgers so angry about here?

I see what you did there!

What Pack said earlier was 100% correct in that most times the correct way to deal with it is cut bait....and yes that includes your star employees. You set a line in your work culture and then you hold it.... if you don't and you allow someone to undermine it then you are really screwed.

i sort of agree, and sort of disagree. i think that sports illustrated article that i posted has some valid points. the times they are a-changin. star players have more say in how the team is run. i think the analogy with lebron james was pretty accurate. and if you look at the bucs you see that tom brady made three requests to add players and all three of them were immediately granted. it matter not whether those three players were the key ingredients to the path to the lombardi trophy. what matters is that they kept the star qb happy.

When do you draw the line of players not viewing being treated fairly and when a team is caving in to a diva player giving them what they want to make them happy?
I’m not the one making that call. Again perception is reality in many cases. Bottom line we don’t know the entire story yet. Probably never will.

i sort of agree, and sort of disagree. i think that sports illustrated article that i posted has some valid points. the times they are a-changin. star players have more say in how the team is run. i think the analogy with lebron james was pretty accurate. and if you look at the bucs you see that tom brady made three requests to add players and all three of them were immediately granted. it matter not whether those three players were the key ingredients to the path to the lombardi trophy. what matters is that they kept the star qb happy.

This isn't most franchises though and his narrative doesn't/isn't playing well in NE WI. Now if he's in LA,LV or Seattle the attitude would be different... so maybe that explains why he wants out even though he supposedly gushed GB fans with love yesterday.

I am no fan of Gute and Murphy but I am also not willing to undermine the franchise for a 38-year-old QB who may or may not have another run in the tank. He wants GB to give him a 2-3 season guarantee which then basically undoes the Love pick.... hated that pick in round 1 and I understand his angst but you just can't give him that.

My thought is a 2 season guarantee with his $ upfront, Love plays the whole preseason and in any and all blow-out wins. If he looks great after 2022 you trade Aaron to his desired AFC team and move on. If he's not agreeable to that I don't know that it's fixable.

See two truths with Rodgers situation.

1) Think the organization let him down in the 2011-2018 period. TT and MM we're both kept on too long after the 2010 SB. And that fault comes back to Mark Murphy. All three of those guys rode Rodgers all-world talent, while their own job performance lagged. For that Aaron has a right to be frustrated.

2) In 2018, Rodgers looked cooked physically and mentally. I think he's capable of looking that way pretty quick in 2021 as well. (agenda alert - If Momma's not happy, no one is happy. Have strong belief the new fiancé will not be a helpful partner in things if he stays in Green Bay this year).

If we could find a dumb team to give us a king's ransom for him, we have to count our blessings and move on IMO. The December 2018 version of Rodgers was not bringing us back any real assets in trade for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back