Post-game Vikings Defeat GB 23-7

Yes, that's an evergreen complaint with Rodgers but the line sure as hell didn't pass the eye test.

Agreed on both counts, rp.

AR had some snaps where he held the ball too long. No question. But you also need to have a line that can protect longer than 2 or 3 seconds on some of the routes that are being run. Example: On the crossers and deep outs, they take longer to develop. The one that comes to mind is the crosser by Cobb where he was wide open but AR did not have the time or the ability to step up and make the throw.

The (F)Ugly

• The secondary. Scheme and coverage was awful My #23 was not on Jefferson is malpractice
  • Both safety’s were pedestrian

Ok it’s one game but I am much more concerned with D after yesterday.
Good points Pack. Just changed one minor detail.

Last edited:
Well, I do not agree with this comment by AR. In fact, it worries me a little. He should be saying we need to get Jonsey and Dillion the ball more and get them involved. Sammy Watkins is not a game changer anymore.

“We’ve got to be able to throw the ball outside the numbers,” quarterback Aaron Rodgers said. “A lot of the plan this game seemed to be inside-the-numbers stuff, so Sammy didn’t have a lot of opportunities. We’ve got to find a way to get him the ball because he’s been playing great, he’s been practicing great.
So your star QB is openly questioning the game plans. What a great way to start the season. Shut up and do your job Sally.

Aaron Jones with his 49 yards in this game pass The Grey Ghost Tony Canadeo for 4th all time in team rushing yards. Jones is within 3rd place John Brockington needing 813 yards to pass him.

Back