Post-game Vikings Defeat GB 23-7

F- all around. Team showed why it needed pre-season games with starters to work off the rust. Also Rodgers needs to drop the diva attitude. To me looks like he knows he won the war getting paid $50 million and plays with a I don't give a crap attitude anymore. Watson drops first pass of game and throws his nomal temper tantrum and refuses to look his way again. Teams depth is trash and it took a bigger hit today.

I didn't get to watch the entire game. What I saw was predominantly Rodgers running for cover. There's a hl of a lot of Rodgers hate out there - yes, he's paid a lot and has an attitude (that's cause and why he's good).

Where are the guys stepping up? Players drafted in the first round are drafted there because they make both of those catches - the bomb and the third down.

Honestly, this isn't college they're no longer kids. They have to make those plays. Every sport I've ever played, I'd be getting botched at for missing them.

I'm not a Rodgers apologist. I wanted to trade him and get the haul. But, he is our best player. I don't understand the hatred.

And, shoot where oh where was thus vaunted defense.

LaFleur must grab the bull by the horns. To not try a run on 3d or 4th and 1 was crazy. He'll, I would have kicked a field goal on 4th. It was a chip shot and then 14 as inconceivable as it was, wins.

That was a good old-fashioned ass kickin'. The game wasn't anywhere as close as the final score would indicate. The Vikes were in total control from the opening kickoff to the final play and were never threatened with the Pack getting back into it.

Maybe if that first play to Watson would have gone for a TD it might have changed things a little bit, but they owned us at the LOS on both sides of the ball all day.

Negatives? Too many to bother with.

Positives, I think Watson and Doubs are going to be okay but it's going to take some time for them to get comfortable and figure things out. Too bad they're being baptized by fire and forced to learn on the job.

Dillon and Jones are stud RB if they ever stick with the run.

The Vikings aren't very good, but then the Packers looked like crap.

Negative~ Injuries to two LBs is the biggest minus, depending of course on the severity.

Negative ~ AR will never learn how to get plays off fast as he seems to believe wasting TOs are no big deal all too often.

Positive ~ AR survived to waste TOs another day. br) On to Dabears

The loss was expected. The rust was expected. What wasn't was a team who didn't look like they cared or wanted to be there. Also, a defense who got embarrassed from the get-go. That was supposed to be the strength.

The season's first game and Arod is already in midseason pouting form. On the sidelines, he looked like a grumpy uncle who didn't want to be at Tday dinner. Arod was not good today. Poor decisions, not seeing the field, more than a few bad throws. It's not like he was playing great and everyone let him down. So unless he was grumpy at himself, for a guy who spent so much time in preseason talking about how everyone else needed to get better, he deserves to get called out. He's the highest paid player, he needs to act like a leader and be held accountable when he sucks.

Which is something else troubling today. A complete lack of leadership on offense. The offense looked lost. The new guys desperately need someone to lead them and show them the way. But that was absent today.

GB will win a lot of games for sure. Probably win the division. But they'll be out of the playoffs again with a home loss if someone doesn't smack the superstar QB around and get him to start leading when things go bad. Because right now when things go bad he turns into Jay Cutler and goes and pouts on the bench to himself.

Lazard is kind of an X factor. What type of player will he be this year?

A few questionable series in terms of play calling again as well.

Is it the end of the world? No. But getting tired of the lack of leadership and lack of resolve when things go bad.

EDIT: The injuries were what really made this a big loss.... Gutey has failed to provide depth on this roster and it could get ugly that way.

Last edited:
Maybe if that first play to Watson would have gone for a TD it might have changed things a little bit, but they owned us at the LOS on both sides of the ball all day.
This is what bothers me the most. As soon as things don't go well the team folds for long periods of time and Arod goes into pout mode.

Back